CHAPTER 22

"You'll answer everything?" mahina kong tanong sa kanya.

We're sitting again in the sofa. Me facing him and him facing the television that was on mute.

He then faced me and said, "Everything."

"S-so can you please tell me what do you really do? And why is it that you and Janny are protecting me." kabado kong tanong sa kanya.

"My name is really Jon Dimitrius Sullivan, I'm Janica's older brother. The both of us are assassins. Your mother wanted the best killers to guard you from afar. At first we didn't want to take the job, it's because we kill people not the other way around." he said and took a deep breath.

"Your mother paid us half a million, in cash, so we can take the job. Janica told her that it's not necessary for her to pay us in that high amount of money."

"But you're a skilled assassin, so I think it's necessary for Mommy to pay you in a high amount of money." sumbat ko.

"Yeah, I think so." sagot niya.

"W-Why are you hiding everything from me?" nauutal kong tanong sa kanya.

"Your father is tracking every movement you make. In short, he's having you followed. Making sure that you are not making any reckless actions." dire-diretso niyang sabi.

"But I'm not!" dipensa ko sa kanyang sinabi. "Lahat naman ng ginagawa ko ay dahil rin sa kanya."

"Base on Eman's reports, you tried to kill Renato Silvestre many times now. So, maybe he's threatened on what you're acting towards him."

Eman's reports? So they are telling everything to Dimitri?

"T-That's true," sagot ko naman sa kanya.

"But why did you use yourself as JD? I mean, that's an absurb plan. Paano kapag nahuli ka namin at pinatay?"

He then laughed because of my statement.

"Do you think your cheap bodyguards will catch me?" natatawa niyang sabi.

"Hey," suway ko. "They are not cheap."

"Okay, baby. If you say so." sabi niya habang iniiling ang kanyang ulo.

"The plan was mine," bigla niyang sabi. "Achilles and Medusa did not agree at first but if we didn't come up to that plan, then your father will not stop."

"Stop?" nalilito kong tanong.

"If Achilles didn't told your father that I was the JD that you're finding, he will not stop on using you to kill that man. That's why, I volunteered to be the 'JD' that you're finding."

"You volunteered? W-Why would you do that? Now look at what happened to us, Dimitri! Sana... sana sinabi niyo nalang ang lahat sa akin!" sigaw ko.

Agad akong napatayo at agad niya ding hinawakan ang kamay ko. Agad ko ring binawi iyon at halatang nagulat siya sa aking ginawa.

"Stop it, Dimitrius!" my voice broke when I called his name.

He slowly stood up and there I saw our height difference. He grew inches taller nad as he stands up, he look so powerful and standing in front of him, I feel so small... so powerless.

He tried to reach for my arm but I stepped back and keep shaking my head. Covering my mouth to keep down my sobs that I've been keeping.

"I've been kept by all of you!" sigaw ko.

"Dimitri! Phaedra!" narinig kong sigaw ni Janica.

Nagulat naman siya nang nakita niyang umiiyak ako.