CHAPTER 02

"Hey," tawag ni Medusa sa akin habang naglalagay ng pasta sa plato para makakain ako.

Tiningnan ko lang naman siya at tipid siyang ngumiti sa akin habang binigay sa akin ang plato.

"You did great." sabi niya sabay ngiti sa akin.

I was oddly shocked because of what she said.

"What I did was not great, Ate Med. I was about to kill the man who's begging for his life!" sigaw ko.

Medusa just shrugged her shoulders and said, "That's the job, miss. You kill someone for you to live in your father's hands."

What does she mean by that? Did all of them already killed someone with their own hands?

"Did you--"

"Yup." she said nonchalantly.

"And you're proud with that?" I asked, still can't believe how calm she was when she said that.

"Of course! Your father is like building up an army. Or a team. A team of great killers and deliverymen." sabi ni Medusa.

"Deliverymen? Killers? Why would our family need those kind of people?"

"It's because your father is a drug dealer and you are living the life because of the seven to ten digits of money?"

My eyes widened because she's spilling the fact in front of me!

"Medusa, what are you telling to Phaedra?" tanong ni Kuya nang nakapasok siya dito sa hapagkainan.

The both of us didn't answer him. Instead, Medusa and I started eating this carbonara that's in front of us.

"Nothing." simpleng sagot ni Medusa kay kuya.

Kuya sat in front of me then stared at me with a sad look in his eyes.

"What? What happened? What did Dad say? Stop na ba ako dito, kuya?" sunod-sunod kong tanong sa kanya.

He looked down and he slowly shook his head for dismay.

"Anong sabi ng Daddy niyo, Achilles?" tanong ni Medusa.

Then Kuya Achi looked at me again.

"He is planning on making you a deliveryman on every transaction we had for next month."

"What the hell?" Medusa blurted out.

"W-What?" I said.

"But that's insane!" Medusa said.

"I know. Mommy is still trying to convince Dad not to make her as a deliveryman. Masyadong delikado para sa kanya." sabi ni kuya kay Medusa.

"We can do the transactions. Why does he need Fay to do that? Marami naman na siyang tauhan ah?" sabi ni Medusa.

"I already told him that but he wanted Phaedra to do the job because he felt that she'll be good at this." Kuya said as I just looked at them with a worry on my eyes.

Two days after that, the training continues. It is all about my physical strength right now.

Medusa is the one who'll gonna teach me how to fight physically.

"Madali lang naman ito, Fay. Suntok dito, suntok doon. Tapos kapag lalake naman, sipain mo lang ang alaga nila at tumba na sila." she's laughing while saying that as the both of us are walking on circles.

The both of us are like in a ring. Ready to exchange punches with each other.

My eyes widened when she threw a punch of me first and it landed on my stomach!