XVII. "You my baaaaeeeeeee."

XVII.

•|chancellor|•

"Bill, bill, another bill. Oh hey look it's a magazine!" I said to myself as I flipped through the mail I had just fetched from the mail box. I leaned against my truck and shook my head slowly.

The tips from the restaurant can barely cover half of these bills and I refuse not to dip my hand in the 10 thousand dollars my father left. I don't want to give him another reason for getting rid of Janice. Where ever she goes, I go.

"Hey..." I turned my head to find Danny walking towards me with her hands in her pockets. I waved at her and continued to flip through the mail.

"You're frowning. Why?" She asked. I looked at her to see if she was serious or not. It's hard to believe anything she says anymore. I mean she did lie to me and kept something that was clearly important, away from me.

"Stress, bills, school, everything..." I admitted, sighing heavily.

It was silent for a while, but I wasn't really expecting her to say anything. She never does.

"Hey, stop. I told you, you can get through this. Wecan get through this." She finally said.

"We?" I asked, laughing dryly. "If I knew any better I'd say you've changed."

"I did change. I know I used to only think of myself, but now I know better."

I pressed my lips together. "So are you going to tell them?"

She looked down and shook her head, no. "My mom kicked me out of the house."

I frowned. "Why would she do that?"

"The...um...doctors called her last night and told her that I was pregnant, which I don't understand. Why would they call weeks after the incident had already happened? After all those tests, I'm pretty sure they saw something out of the ordinary. It just doesn't add up." She spoke, her voice cracking."

I sighed, knowing exactly what she was talking about. "Can you come inside, there's something I have to tell you?"

We walked inside and sat at the dinner table.

"Danny, one of the nurses came to me that night and told me that you were pregnant. I asked her to do me a favor and keep it confidential between just you and I, but I'm guessing the information got into the wrong hands." I explained, truthfully. I had known since that night, and that was one thing that had been boiling my anger. The fact that she hadn't told me that she was already pregnant by that bastard made me want to kill him even more. I could never get away with it though, it's too risky.

She was silent, until she started to mewl with her hands over her face. Before long I began to comfort her.

Deep down I was still angry with her but even deeper in my heart I was still slowly falling in love with her each day that passed.

No random possessive blonde girl could keep me away from her. No matter how much I wanted to hate her for the things she said and the things she didn't do, I still thought about her everyday, every hour, and every second since the day we both walked away.

She might not feel the same, and most people might think I'm crazy, but I can't live without her. I won'tever live without her.

"Shhhh" I said lowly into her ear as we lay in my bed. She was curled up under me and her low sobs still hadn't subsided. I stroked her hair, which was still straight from Friday night. She looked at me, red-eyed and tears staining her glowing mocha skin.

"Why are you comforting me?" She asked, confusion filled her expression.

I placed a loose stand of hair behind her ear. "Because, I really like you and I care about you a lot."

The Ultimate Play (BWWM)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara