XI. "You call this beautiful?"

XI.

•| chancellor |•

It's game day and I can't even be as excited as I want to be. All I'm focused on right now is Danny. After Tuesday she's been really withdrawn from me and everybody else. Everyone has noticed it in the past day or so. She doesn't talk, smile, or even so much as giggle. It's like she's empty and for once I don't have an answer.

Every time I try to hug or kiss her she just moves away. I don't know if it's normal but that tears me apart from the inside.

I walked into my room and grabbed the bouquet of flowers that I had purchased. I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for this homecoming weekend and every last one of them start and end with one person: Danny.

"Unkie Chance!" I heard Janice whine as she burst into the room, hugging my leg.

"Yes, baby girl?"

"Where is Miss Danny?" she asked as I picked her up and sat her on my hip.

"Well, she's at home right now." I responded as I walked out the room and shut the door.

"Are you two fighting?" she giggled.

"No, Miss Danny isn't been feeling well lately that's all."

"Good, I like her." she grinned. I gave a quick kiss on the cheek as I walked downstairs and into the living room.

We swiftly walked out of the house into the cool fall air. Winter would be here soon and that meant we're getting closer and closer until all this shit comes to an end. I wish it could happen a whole lot quicker than that, but I told Danny I would wait and that's what I have to do.

I walked into her yard and walked up the doorsteps before casually walking inside. I stepped into the foyer and went straight to Danny's room not giving Niall and Henry a second glance as I passed their rooms. I knocked on her door seeing that it was closed and probably locked.

"Come in." I heard her say lowly through the door as the knob jiggled slightly, indicating that she had unlocked it.

I twisted the knob and stepped into the room to find her still in bed with her pajamas on. The jersey I had given her to wear was still hanging from where I left it.

"Why are you not up and dressed?" I asked as I put Janice down so she could walk.

"Miss Danny, what wrong?" Janice frowned and poked Danny's back.

She turned over and faced Janice's small body. "Aw, baby I'm fine."

She smiled at Janice before glancing at me quickly and squinting her eyes. "You bought me flowers?"

I grinned as I held up the nicely arranged bouquet. "Not just any flowers. Roses."

I watched as her eyes went somber as if she were about to cry but her mouth slowly curled into a smile. I took that as a cue to walk towards her. I knelt beside her bed and handed the flowers to her. She grabbed them and held them to her nose, but ended up sneezing.

"Bless you." I said lowly to her as I felt Janice grab my phone out my pocket. She must have been bored and wanted to play a game which I had no problem with.

"Thank you." she smiled, "You're not angry with me I see."

I rose my hand and stroked her cheek. "Of course not. I feel bad, yeah, but as long as you're okay, I'm okay."

She smiled again, but her eyes still held sadness.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"I...I think I...might be...p-pregnant."