Chapter 14

Hiccup and Toothless had barely landed in the clearing when Merida whistled for Arian Glas.

"I will beat you one of these days!" she said, hopping on.

"Readysetgo!" Hiccup yelled. They flew and flew until their dragons were exhausted. He was still winning, but that was nothing compared to the laughter than came from her when she noticed a splattered bug on his face.

"Ew! Gross!" he yelled, trying to wipe it off. That made her laugh harder, to which he began to laugh.

After their aches disappeared, they simply laid in the sun. It was still getting colder, but they held each other close, trading warmth. They just talked, watching the sun set.

Suddenly, the sound of a horse echoed through the forest.

"Princess!" came an obnoxious voice.

"Quick! Get out of here!" Merida whispered frantically. "Macintosh will see you hung. Get on Toothless! Arian Glas, fly!"

Her dragon flew away while Hiccup got on Toothless and bounded into the forest. Hopefully, they would be gone soon and he could go back to her.

After what seemed like an hour, Hiccup got off Toothless and began to walk back. He was by the raspberries when there was a loud crack. The last thing he remembered was Toothless half flying away and a sharp pain in his head.