Chapter 12

Hiccup felt someone shaking his shoulder. He groaned slightly. Imagine his surprise when it was met with a giggle.

All his memories came rushing back as he opened his eyes. Merida stood over him, smiling.

"How did you manage to get bed-head when you stayed in the same position all night?"

"Skill." Hiccup ran a hand through his hair, trying to fix it.

The sun was barely coming up, the sky a light pink. Toothless was still asleep, but Angus was up and snorting, impatient.

"I have my day off today, but I need to spend time with the idiots. So I won't see you until tomorrow," Merida informed, absentmindedly brushing her hair out of her face.

"Okay. That's fine. See you then."

Merida turned, paused, turned back to Hiccup, bent down, grabbed a small handful of his shirt, pulled him closer, and kissed him.

Before he could even register what had just happened, she pushed him away.

"Don't think that will happen all the time," she said sternly, face flushed. He could only nod. She hopped on Angus, took one last look at him, then rode off.

Hiccup rubbed his face, wondering if that had actually happened. Toothless peeked an eye open, snorting.

"Come on you lazy butt. We gotta go home."

After a lot of coaxing and the promise of fish, Hiccup was up in the air, rushing home before his dad woke up.

Toothless was still smirking when he left. That dragon was weird.

He silently opened the door, closing it gently. He quickly looked around the room. Seeing no one, he tiptoed up to his room.

"And where were you?" Stoick asked. He was sitting on Hiccup's bed, arms crossed.

"There was a meteor shower last night, and I went out to see it. I fell asleep and just woke up a little bit ago."

"Alright. Don't let it happen again." Stoick stood up and went downstairs. Once he was out of sight, Hiccup collapsed on his bed.

His very last waking thought was the thought of Merida and her wide, beautiful, blue eyes.

Sorry guys. This chapter is just being weird. Genius, out.

AlissaDonkers