But nobody had even as yet had a five-match winning streak—that was how competitive the game was. 

Lisa's record was so far four matches, the best she ever had.

But with every new match that Jennie observed, there seemed to be no shortage of new, vicious boxers hungry for their first win, vying to please the crowd and replace Lisa. 

Her sister may have now become a regular fixture, a crowd favourite, but it didn't mean her position wasn't threatened, no less.

Lisa could not afford to lose her ranking—if she did, they'd be pressed up in a very tight spot.

"Hmm...this one can wait...." Jennie mumbled, back to flipping through sheaves of paper, "water bill...later....shower repair...mm...and I still need them to check the AC too..." 

She had enough time to work on some paperwork before the gym officially opened, making sure to keep a sharp eye out for impending bills she had to pay. The last thing she wanted was to have their water and electricity cut off because of late payment.  

It was tedious though and she felt her focus slipping as her eyes started to fall shut.

No no, not right now.

Her hands scrambled for the can of Monster energy and she took a swig, before sifting through the papers again. "And this one...well it's due this month. Yay, bye bye paycheck. And this? Next."

She yawned, feeling her eyes about to fall from their sockets. She took another swig of the can—was the drink expired? She really needed to get stronger stuff....but that was expensive too...

"Unnie?"

Jennie jumped in her seat, startled. "Oh hey Mimi, early today. Where's Matthew?"

"Trying to find a space to park..."

Somi dumped her bag next to the desk and held out the box with the bagels. "I got you breakfast."

"That's great sweetie," Jennie said absently, flipping and frowning as her eyes scanned over numbers and words. The symbols warped and danced all over the paper, making her shake her head.

"Jen?"

"Mhm?"

"Why were you mad at Lisa yesterday?"

Jennie glanced up. "Oh you know, short fuse because of work and stress. Life of an adult heh. Stay young, Mimi."

Somi approached slowly and sat at the edge of the desk, watching Jennie hum as she worked. 

"Don't you get tired?" 

Jennie raised her head. "Hmm? Me, tired? No no, I'll wake up in a few, once this kicks in." 

She took another gulp of the drink, grimacing—she didn't really care for the taste.

Coffee would have been nicer, but they had no coffee machine or a kettle and she wasn't going to have Somi spend more money on her. Coffee from the cafés tasted awful too, so sje had to make do with energy drinks, until Irene came by.

The hustle and bustle of people entering disrupted her train of thought.

"Morning girls!"

"Rise and shine, let's get cracking!"

"YO KAMIKAZE IN THE HOUSE!" Momo bellowed as she flung back the door for her entrance. "Where's my partner in crime?"

"Who on Earth wakes up so happy to see Lisa?" Jennie groaned as she stood up to start the day, stretching and cracking cartilage. 

"She's towelling down and changing right now so don't get your panties in a bunch," the trainer added, "Dahyun no-go today?"

"Tough all-nighter, she was studying while I conked out, poor thing," Momo pouted. "I didn't have it in my heart to wake her up this morning."

"The Kamikaze has a heart?" Irene teased and everyone snickered, all wise to Momo's past flings and her tendency to trample over hearts like broken toys.

"Hey, people change, okay!" Momo protested.

"Yeah!" Lisa chimed in, entering the gym with a towel round her neck. "What she said!"

"What did she say?" Somi teased.

Everyone burst out laughing when Lisa stood and stared, stumped. Momo didn't help her either, just laughing her head off.

Jennie shook her head. "Come on you two, let's get you started..."

"What's it gonna be today, boss?" Momo asked, slipping on a sweat band over her forehead. Jennie grinned.

"Oh you'll both love it, it's your favourite. Today..." she spread her arms wide, like a schoolteacher about to cheerily announce the class's doom, "you'll be doing the Wolverine Shredder X combo. Let's get ripped, y'know what I'm saying?"

Lisa and Momo groaned.