61| Lights Out, Dahyun

previously: rosie met jackson, jennie talked with momo, dahyun found jackson, jisoo didn't like the vibes  with jinyoung and yang so she left.

Momo had just finished explaining about Tiger King leaving Jennie reeling, torn between disgust and panic, when her phone rang.

"Jisoo? You okay?" Jennie asked, meeting Momo's gaze.

"I'm fine. I'm in the bathroom at the moment, needed to get away from the table for a sec. Some friend of Jinyoung's came over and suddenly it was suffocating." Jisoo blew a breath. "I'll fake having cramps or something. I'll be back soon, Jendeuk."

"Okay, see you Chu," Jennie said automatically. She raised her eyebrows when she cut the call and caught Momo smirking at her. "What?"

"Jendeuk? Chu?" Momo tittered.

"Don't even try," Jennie warned but a small smile made its way to her mouth. "Well, are you coming to meet her or what?"

Momo's mouth fell open as Jennie shrugged. 

"Where is Jennie Kim and what have you done with her?" Momo demanded.

"Maybe you're not the only one who's gone through changes," Jennie said and got out of Momo's car.

>

"Jennie!" Jisoo said brightly as she climbed into her SUV. Without giving Jennie a chance to speak or greet her, she cupped her face and kissed her full on the mouth, releasing her with a sigh. "I missed you. Did you read anything? You'll have to tell me all about it and god, I can't wait for you to take this dress off me and—"

Jisoo stiffened when someone from the backseat cleared their throat. Jennie rolled her eyes when the woman spoke.

"Well, shut the door and screw me naked, Nini really came over to our side." 

In the gloom, Jisoo couldn't make out her features but the woman sounded like she was smirking. Before she could launch herself at the stranger and yell for Jennie to run, Jisoo felt Jennie's reassuring pat on her arm.

"Don't worry, she's not a car robber," Jennie said, reading her intentions. "It's just a stray I picked up."

"Hey!"

"What's going on?" Jisoo frowned.

"Jisoo, this is Momo. Lisa's friend, remember?"

Momo the Japanese boxer and CEO. The serial womaniser and playgirl. The one who broke Dahyun's heart. The one who hurt Lisa and insulted Jennie.

"And what is she doing in my car? With my girlfriend?" Jisoo said in a hard voice, trying to keep calm.

"I see my reputation precedes me," Momo said easily, "I would show my face to greet you properly but I don't want to draw attention by using the phone light. I promise, I'm not after Jennie, she's the last girl I'd get involved with. I'm here for Mr Smug Snake."

"Jinyoung?" Jisoo said, dumbfounded. 

"It's best if we move," Jennie put in softly, patting Jisoo's arm again. "I'll explain along the way."

"Jen, I got my car still parked back there," Momo said.

"We just need to get out of Rkive's immediate vicinity, for now. We can park somewhere else and talk," Jennie said and nodded at Jisoo. Once they had found a suitable parking spot out of sight of Rkive, they all collectively exhaled and tension in the car lifted.

"Alright, so I'm guessing you didn't spend your time reading then?" Jisoo said cautiously.

Jennie bit her lip. "No, I wanted to take a closer look..." Quickly, she relayed what she had seen, finishing off with her meeting with Momo.