5| Welcome to the Vault

When Jennie entered to put the bagels aside for later, she was met with laughter and guffawing.

Loud music blared from the old beat-up stereo plugged to the wall, adding to the cacophony.

Lisa had abandoned her training and was instead sparring with Somi in the boxing ring as the rest of the members watched on while performing their individual exercises. 

Momo was egging the two girls on while Dahyun just stood to the side.

She flashed Jennie a concerned look, which the trainer returned with a reassuring wink and lift of her shoulders.

She was surrounded by idiots, and none of their antics really surprised her anymore.

"Yah smarty pants! I'm gonna be sitting on you when you do push-ups!" Lisa shouted.

"Gotta catch me first, cheese-breath!" Somi chirped as she ran nimbly round the ring. 

Lisa's legs were longer but she tactically stayed in the centre and lunged at Somi rather than actively chasing the teen.

It was a strategy that seemed to work quite well, Jennie noted, pleased that Lisa was using her head. Her sister had a number of close calls but Somi was agile and lithe like a cat.

Seizing the opportunity when the dark head bounced dangerously close, Lisa dived for Somi's legs, tackling her to the ground. They wrestled and bickered until Lisa had her pinned down and Somi slapped the ground in defeat.

"Took you long enough," Somi quipped.

"Pay your respects to senior citizens, yeah?" Lisa puffed as she straightened up. "Matt! Your daughter's getting way too fresh with me!"

"Good, that should keep you in your place!" he called back, lifting dumbbells while doing one-leg lunges.

"Et tu, Brute?" Lisa gasped, making everyone laugh, with Momo's voice cackling louder than the rest.

Jennie's mouth quirked at the corners as she walked over to the stereo and lowered the volume to more tolerable levels. 

Thank goodness for her little sister—Lisa's natural bubbly mannerisms coupled with the happy virus Somi always made for brighter moments at the otherwise dreary gym.

"Jennie!" Lisa called happily.

She stretched, cracking cartilage and made grabby hands at her sister. "Where's my bagels?" she said cutely, pouting and making her eyes round for maximum effect.

"Stop it with the aegyo, it's disgusting," Jennie informed as she tied her hair back. "I ate them."

"Unnieeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Jennie stretched and joined the various people littered around the space to start helping them out with their workouts.

Usually nobody stayed too long in the mornings—they all had places to be, especially Monday mornings. 

Today, Momo had to accompany Dahyun to class so they left around nine.

Usually when Momo popped in, she would sometimes stay around until noon and eat with the sisters at their favourite café.

Irene finished her workout with a light jog on the treadmill, showered like the rest, and came out smelling like daisies. 

She talked for a while with Jennie as per habit before she left for her clerk job, whilst Lisa monitored Somi and her father.

"So last night must have been something, eh, judging by that black-eye she has," Irene chuckled as she poured Jennie a cup of coffee from her thermos.