Chapter Thirty-Seven: Dancing Dragons

Start from the beginning

 "And you are never leaving this place alive," she said. I rolled my eyes.

"I wasn't really planning on it." As long as Lowell was okay... I smiled. "I'll take you down with me, though." Oboro growled and the fire around her heightened. I threw my fist at Oboro's face, but she dodged and I turned around to avoid a kick and a fire throw. The smell of burning hair made me pat my hair for a second.

Oboro probably couldn't fight well with hand to hand combat. The fire kept pushing me away, but if I could get close enough than in theory I should be able to do some damage. I tried running at her again, but Oboro easily dodged.

"You know that boy will never want you," Oboro taunted.

I wiped the back of my hand against my mouth. "Don't you ever shut up?" Oboro suddenly appeared and kicked me hard in the stomach. I went flying back and almost hit the wall of fire, but felt the ground go beneath me. I yanked myself back up. She smirked at me. 

"It was so easy to distract Drake since you were at the court."

"Again, shut up!"

I jumped to my feet and tried to land another hit on Oboro, but she moved out of the way. I turned around, but Oboro caught me by the back my neck.

"This time I'm going to finish the job and there's no dragon to save you this time." Oboro hissed.

Her hand tightened on my throat. I gasped and scratched at her wrist. The wall of fire weakened as fire grew in her free hand.

Crap, I'm going to be burned alive.

I closed my eyes tightly and tried kicking her in the chest, but I couldn't reach her.

Just let it be quick.

Oboro let out a scream and drop me and I fell on her ass. I immediately scooted back. A dragon stood in front of me. It was blood red and connected to my choker.

"That damn dragon, he gave you blood magic!" Oboro screamed as the dragon curled around me. It wasn't a big dragon. It was about as big as a Great Dane, but the sharp teeth and claws made it dangerous. I felt the warm dragon wrap around me as I looked up into the creature's eyes.

Matty! Matty, can you hear me?! Are you safe?

Oh shit.

"Drake? Drake, where are you?"

I saw the dragon and saw the bright pink eyes as I clutched onto my choker. Matty, I only know that you're scared. What's wrong? What's wrong? Matty? He can't hear me. I reached out for the dragon and the dragon almost purred as Oboro growled and formed another fireball. The dragon threw itself in front of me.

I grabbed the dragon's face. "Drake, I'm okay now. I'm safe. We're almost out of here."

The dragon hummed and turned to face Oboro. He opened his jaw and looked as if he were grinning with anticipation to devour Oboro. Seeing how she was distracted, I pulled myself away from the faerie and threw a punch at her. It landed and Oboro fell down.  She looked...human for a second. She was terrified. It was a weird look on her face. I turned my back to her and looked at the dragon. 

"Drake?" I whispered.

Matty? Matty! Where are you?

I pressed my face to the dragon.

Matty?

"Matty!" I turned and thought I saw Lowell's face when I looked over my shoulder. My legs gave out and the world went black.