Chapter Eighteen: Vampire's Healing

Start from the beginning

"Matty, relax, you need to rest." Keeva told me.

She... oh god.

"Drake, she wants to kidnap me and take me to Faerie!" I said as Drake stood up in the air at the sound of my voice. This woman wanted to take me away from this world and my dream, oh god, oh god. No, no, I can't. I can't leave my family and I can't leave this world. "Drake, I can't go. Don't let them take me!"

He looked at me and his face remained in that stupid neutral expression he always kept up. 

"Don't be silly, Matty. No one is going to take you away from here." Keeva said.

He tilted his head. "You're frightened."

Sometimes I really hated how faeries couldn't pick up on the fucking obvious fears that humans had.

"No shit!" I yelled at him, pulling my knees to my chest.

"If you keep this up, Drake, you might be able to read every human emotion." Keeva said as she rolled her eyes.

"Do you have any idea how many stories there are about people disappearing because of faeries?" Humans disappearing and never seen again. Or humans being taken away and then suddenly appearing hundreds of years later and... oh god.

I buried my face in my knees. I can't go there. I can't go into Faerie. I just... the child eater was bad enough, but I can't go there. I can't let some nut job kidnap me.

A set of arms wrapped around me. The touch was strong and certain. I could smell... spices. It was strange because Keeva usually smelled like, well, a bar. This didn't... I recognized the scent. I looked up to find Drake, in his human size, rubbing my back with one hand and playing with a strand of my hair. "Matty, no one will take you to my world unless it's me."

He braided a piece of my hair with one hand and I saw Keeva eying me for some bizarre reason. I looked back at Drake to see him studying my hair. The gesture was oddly comforting and made the world feel solid when a moment ago, I thought I would slip into some Faerie world where I wouldn't be able to tell what was up and what was down. I rubbed my eyes, feeling childish for being so scared. My breathing evened out and the fear went away to dwell in some nightmare later tonight.

"Hell, I need to get ready for work tomorrow," I said.

Drake gripped my shoulders. "Matty, no."

I pushed him slightly as I stood on my feet. My arms and legs felt shaky and wobbly. I took a few steps when a set of arms pulled me back into a chest. I felt oddly warm as he held me there.

"Uhm...Matty. You're bruised." Keeva began as I looked up to see Drake looking down at me. The hug. He's hugging me. It felt so strange as I tried to recall another time he touched me like this. Yeah, he healed me last night, but... He looked down at me with a calm expression on his face and I think about my freaky dream where he was asking about forever.

"You need rest." Drake said before pressing his lips to my ear. "Or let me heal you like I did with you shoulder."

My face burned and it was taking all of my will power not to melt.

"I don't think that would be a good idea, Drake!" I yelled as I pulled back from him, pressing my hand to my ear and saw Drake smirking.

Keeva looked between the two of us. "Did I miss something, Ser Drake?"

"Oh nothing, I was just making a suggestion to Matty about healing." Drake said with a small smile. That bastard.

"Oh sure, Ser Drake."