Chapter Seven: Faerie Glamour

Start from the beginning

"I am a knight after all, the proper title is 'ser'. I did introduce myself as such," Drake told me.

"I'm not going to call you that," I said with my hands in my pockets.

"I didn't expect you to after our first meeting," he said.

"What's going at the forest?" There's a lot of green once you get out of the city. So I wasn't sure what exactly which one she was talking about.

"Probably a party." Drake looked ahead of him. His eye brows scrunched up a little as he thought. He looked as if he was trying to remember her. His eye brows relaxed. "Ah, I used to have relations with her."

"Relations." I said, looking at him to see his wings twitch.

"Yes, relations." Drake said and cleared his throat.

Dork.

"You could just say you fucked her," I said.

Drake bristled at this. "Hasn't anyone taught you better manners? You sound like a low class peasant."

"Or you could say you screwed her." I said, "that works too."

Drake turned to glare at me.

"Would you talk like this with your mother?" Drake asked.

"Yeah, it drives her crazy."

I snorted. I didn't say anything for a moment. Drake wasn't looking at me as I walked.

"According to faeries, humans are low class." Drake sighed. He looked like he wanted to say something, but couldn't find the words to.

"I do not," Drake said after a long awkward silence. "I find humans weak and irritating," I'm not sure if he was helping his case at the moment, "but not low."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I find faeries irritating too."

"Why? We're immortal, powerful, and can enjoy sex better than humans."

"What? Why do you guys enjoy sex better?"

Drake smirked. "It's because we feel no guilt about it."

He had a point about this. Well, at least for Americans it was true. Or anyone with puritan values in their culture.

"Says the guy who can't say, 'I screwed that girl'."

Drake rolled his eyes at that. "There are so many ways to phrase that to make it sound much more arousing."

"There's a proper way talking about screwing?"

Maybe this is because the one friend I have is a guy, but I always figured just saying fuck explained everything about sex.

"Well, yes. Hasn't-" Drake stopped mid-sentence.

I walked to the glass building that is my office. I was technically a 'freelance' photographer for Wide Lens Studios, but I basically worked there all the time and was almost to the point where I would be an actually employee. Jorge had been my professor in college and invited me to work with him afterward.

"Are you going to finish that statement?" I asked as Drake looked at me, but the words seemed to refuse to come out of his mouth. "Don't you have something to do?" I asked Drake. "Are you really going to follow me everywhere?"

"Yes, that is my duty as a Knight of the Lunae Lux-"

"You could've just said yes," I said as I went to the elevator. I pulled out my phone and saw that Lowell had texted me last night to let me know he would be studying. Oh good, at least he can't get into any trouble.