The Best Birthday Present

(Angela's point of view—in this story Fareeha is 28 and in this chapter Angela is turning 33. This chapter is set 2 years after the last one so they've been dating for about 3 years. Enjoy!)
I wake to the sound of water running in the shower. Faree must have just gotten back from her run and workout. I swung my legs to the side of the bed and quickly brushed through my hair. I sat back on the bed, and started to prepare an outfit for today. I decided on a black athletic-fit T-shirt with an Overwatch symbol on the right sleeve and a pair of light blue jeans. Just as I pulled on my shirt I heard Faree close the door to the bathroom. I grabbed my lab coat and went to make myself breakfast. Fareeha stepped into our room and as I started to put the bagels in the toaster, Faree stepped out of the bedroom. She was wearing her a white t-shirt with sunglasses hanging from the neck line. She had on a pair of normal black leggings. She was about to put on her favorite black leather jacket when I noticed she was wearing her military prosthetic. Over the past year she's gotten more comfortable with wearing that blue prosthetic, and she wore it often at home just so she could feel things. Just as I was about to mention how nice she looked she spoke.

"Why are you dressed for work?" She asked, clearly confused.

"Because I have to go work?"

"Angey, it's your birthday! Sit down, relax and let me make you breakfast. Don't you remember, Lucio is taking care of the med bay today."

I turned to face the electronic calendar on the wall, and it was in fact February 11. (Which is national inventors day. This birthday is not canon but I though it fit Angela.)

"Huh, I guess it is my birthday" I say, still a little dazed and confused at how I forgot.

"Yeah it is Ange" Faree said with a laugh turning to face the food she was starting to make. I'm not sure what she was making but it smelled amazing. After a bit of waiting, she finally walked over with the food. It was two pieces of french toast in the shape of a heart along with some bacon.

"To honor when you made me heart pancakes after our first kiss, I made you some heart french toast"

"How sweet" I reply, standing up to kiss Faree. It was short but made me think of just how much I loved this woman. "I love you Faree"

"I love you too Ange"

Later that day

Fareeha and I spent the day watching movies and goofing off. A great way to spend the day in my opinion. It was already 17:00 (6 o'clock at night) when we got a message from Winston.

All Agents report to the mission assembly room.

"Ugh he's probably going to make us review the last mission" I complain, but Fareeha doesn't seem too fazed by it. We walk down to the room and open the door. I decide to walk in first and realize it's pitch black in there. For a second I though we were the first ones there. That was until the lights flashed on, confetti was thrown in my face, and a bunch of people screamed "SURPRISE!!!"

"Wh-What?" I stammer, very startled by the sudden movements

"Happy Birthday Angela!" Lena said as she walked up to me and gave me a huge hug. Every agent came over and either gave me a hug or a high five. They all led me to the big oval table and had sit down to open their gifts and cards. Some of the cards were sweet, some were emotional, and some were a mixture of the two. Reading all of them made me feel very loved and appreciated. I started to open the 6 gifts, all of the roommates buying one together. From Hana and Zarya I got a gaming console for my room. From Lena and Mei I got a hologram projector that put up pictures of the team and Fareeha and I. From Genji and Lucio I got a lab coat, this one had extra pockets though. From McCree and Torbjörn I got some new wing lights that could make them glow blue. And from Winston and Reinhardt I got a new computer for the med bay. Every present made me feel very loved, and I'm glad to have such good people to call my friends. McCree made sure to tease me about the pictures of Fareeha and I on the projector, and Lena made sure to hug me and tell me happy birthday more times than I could count.We all enjoyed the pizza they had ordered, and in the end I was more than happy to be a member of this Overwatch family.

"Genji stop spinning McCree in the chair!" Mei shouted, seeing McCree's green face. Turns out wheelie chairs are perfect for spinning people in circles. We all laughed as Genji smiled sheepishly and slowed down McCree's spin. After everyone calmed down a little, we all started chatting. I barely noticed Fareeha get up even though she was sitting next to me. She spun my chair in a half circle and stood me up. She smiled at me and said

"I've never been happier to have spent nearly three years with someone. Whether we're flying or just sitting on the couch you can still make my heart skip a beat. You're beautiful, smart, and kind and I love you with all of my heart. So..." She said as she got down onto one knee and pulled out a small box.

"Angela Ziegler will you show me some mercy and marry me?" I gasped and felt the tears run down my cheeks. Everything was perfect, the classic cheesy Fareeha pun, all of our friends surrounding us, and the happy atmosphere.

"YES!! YES YES A HUNDRED TIMES YES!" I cried out and hugged her tightly. She put a pale gold almost white ring on my finger that had two jewels on the top, a blue sapphire and a yellow/orange Mali garnet stone. The colors of our suits, how sweet. Everyone in the room cheered as slipped the ring onto my finger. After everything was over, I was grateful that Hana was in the corner filming with a camera. She promised she wasn't streaming it and that it was just for us. We went through the film and got some good pictures. After we had all calmed down we sat back down, but this time Fareeha put her arm on my shoulder, putting me into a cuddle.

"No ones trying to steal your girl Fareeha, there's no need to be protective!" Lena teased, and Fareeha chuckled.

"Maybe I'm putting on a show for the camera" Fareeha said with a wink. We all were a bit confused until they realized Hana was trying to take pictures of the couple.

"Fareeha said earlier to take some pictures, so here we are!" Hana said, not even a bit embarrassed. We all laughed and went back to have casual conversations. As the night went on, they all realized it might be time to go to sleep. It was 02:00 in the morning. (2 in the morning) They all headed back to their rooms after a long night of drinking, joking, and fun. As they headed back to the room I mentioned something that I knew had to be said but might upset Fareeha.

"I wish Ana was here to see this"

"She'll be at the wedding"

"Yes in spirit"

"No Angel, Ana is alive and well. She told me a week ago"

"WHAT"

"She's coming back to Overwatch next week, she won't be participating in missions, but she wants to come say hello"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to tell you tonight, whether you said yes or not I felt you should have known"

"That's... very nice of you. I'm sorry I'm still a little shocked" Fareeha giggled at my response and replied I was too. They talked it over for a while, and finally went to bed. They had taken to sleeping in Fareeha's room, so Angela's was more or less a storage room. They laid down and Fareeha pulled her into a hug. They fell asleep happy and madly in love.