Coming Out to the Team

(Angela's point of view)
Fareeha and I hadn't told anyone on base about us yet, and we were thinking about telling them soon. We were also still happily in the phase of surprising each other with gifts, and Fareeha bought the cutest gifts. Some people on the team call her falcon because of her helmet, so she bought me a falcon plush for when she was on a mission and I wasn't. She was so thoughtful.

"I'm back!" Fareeha shouted, throwing her duffle bag into the corner. She had just gotten back from working out with Zarya at the gym.

"Yay!" I squealed like a child and ran and jumped at her. She caught me as usual and I hooked my legs around her back and she carried me and put my down on the couch. They quickly caught up on each other's days, Faree explaining her workout and Angela explaining the doctor textbook she was reading to help improve her staff. They were on the couch enjoying each other's company, when suddenly Faree mentioned the unspoken question.

"When do you want to start telling people about us?" She asked, a slight nervousness in her tone. She's scared that I won't want to tell anyone.

"Whenever, we're having that get-together tonight, want to tell them then?"

"Sounds good" She said with a smile. She put her arm over my shoulder and pulled me into a snuggle. She draped her blanket over both of us and we both drifted off into sleep.

We woke up two hours before the small party was set to start. We were going to a local restaurant, that had a very high standard dress code. This was probably going to be the only time you can see all 12 Overwatch members dressed in fancy attire. I got up and got ready. Faree stirred and then woke up, asking what time it was. I told her and she too went to get ready.

After getting ready
I was ready to blow everyone's socks off. I was in a white dress with light slightly holographic gold accents and a that same gold on a belt that was attached to the dress. The dress itself has a v-line on the back, leaving my back mainly bare. It was sleeveless and went down to about an inch above my knee. My hair was down and straightened and I had a mainly natural makeup on with a dull smokey eye. I had on heels that matched the dress, they where mainly white but had some gold in certain places. I was confident my outfit would make Faree blush madly the second I stepped out of the room. I heard her in there already, so I walked into the living room where she was standing and waiting.

She looked.... outstanding. So hot. She was wearing a black suit, the tie the color of the gold accents on my dress. She hadn't seen me in it, but she knew what it looked like. Her hair was the same as usual, just slightly better brushed. She had on natural makeup, but that was the least of my worries. She looks so... hot. She seemed to be thinking the same about me. She was staring at me in the same manner I was staring at her. She met my eyes and spoke.

"You look incredible Ange"

"I would say the same to yourself"

"Shall we?" She held out her arm, and I gladly took it. Each Overwatch member had their own car, and they decided today to take Fareeha's since she was driving. She saved up at Helix to get a black BMW with dark cobalt blue rims on the tires and one blue line running horizontally across the car, on the same level as the door handles were at. It suited her perfectly. They drove down to the restaurant, chatting about the night that lays ahead. It was a big night for them. We talked and talked, and I realized that I will never grow tired of her accent, it was just so hypnotic.

We arrived at the restaurant 5 minutes early, and saw some people were already waiting. They waited for the last few to arrive, and finally Hana and Zarya showed up. (All the roommates showed up with each other, not as dates) They all sat down, and one thing I noticed was that Zarya was wearing a suit like Fareeha was. But Fareeha rocked it better.And you know no one will compare to Fareeha. They all ordered, a majority of them ordering steaks and an alcoholic beverage. As the night went on, they all decided to go to the bar two restaurants down to avoid paying for the overpriced drinks here. They paid the bill and walked down to the next place. After everyone drank a few more drinks but wasn't quite drunk, Faree decided it was time to make the announcement.

"Hey everyone, if I could grab your attention for a minute that'd be great" She said, and even if the sentence was awkward she was still confident. How she did it, I don't know. They silenced themselves and looked at Faree

"So, for a few months now I've been keeping s secret from all of you. That secret is that... Angela and I are dating" she said this last part hesitantly, but surprisingly enough no one even tried to look surprised.

"Who made the first move?" Lena asked, a grin on her face.

"Uhh... me" Fareeha said, very obviously confused.

"PAY UP!!" Lena cheered while pumping her fists into the air. Every other person in the room groaned.

"What?" I asked, very confused.

"Oh nothing, we just bet on when you guys would finally get together. I said within a year and these clowns all said over that. I then bet Fareeha would make the first move, and only one person, Lucio, agreed with me. So I get 7 dollars from everyone here, 5 for getting the time right and 2 for the first move. Lucio gets 2 dollars from everyone and we'll be good." Lena finished her statement and started collecting cash.

"You-u.... did... what??" I stammer out, shocked that we were that obvious.

"Simple, we bet on your relationship. C'mon from the first time you guys saw each other you were making goo-goo eyes" Lena teased them both, lightly punching Fareeha on the shoulder.

"I can't believe you guys" Fareeha's reply was muffled as she put her head in her hands.

"You guys were quite obvious little falcon" Zarya teases, more directed towards Fareeha than me. Fareeha groaned and very obviously blushed. Zaria laughed while saying "If you were in the same room you couldn't keep your eyes off of each other"

After the team finally got over the fact that Fareeha and I were dating, we got to talking about tv shows and books. After a long night of talking and drinks, they finally all went home. Fareeha happened to be the responsible one that night and was able to drive them back to the base instead of taking an Uber like the rest of the team. As we walked through the door I turned and faced Faree.

"You look really hot in that suit ya know."

"Oh do I?" She responded, a smile forming on her lips, "You see, I was over here thinking the same thing about you"

"Really?" I asked sarcastically.

"Really." Faree said this as she leaned in to me. She pushed me into her bedroom. That night was filled with lots of soft screams of love and want. Our first time couldn't have been more perfect.

*I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I feel they would both act so obviously in love that everyone in the team would notice. And I'm sure the team is going to enjoy teasing them about it for the next few days. Have an amazing day! -TiredBean*