Meeting the Recruits

(Angela's point of view)
I reached the hangar right on time and went down to greet the first flight with the recruits. There were 3 flights coming, one would have two people on it and the others would only have one. I arrived with two minutes to spare, and all the other members were already there waiting and chatting. I quickly joined into a conversation Lena was having with Mei about the new recruits.

"I can't believe Fareeha's joining! Another Amari! It's ridiculous!" Lena excitedly whispered to Mei and I.

"Yeah it is quite astounding," I agreed with a nod of my head

Just as Mei was going to add something, the plane started to come into sight. We all turned around excitedly, anxious to meet the newbies. As the plane landed everyone waited patiently as the door slowly opened. As they watched, Lucio and Hana both stepped into view. We all cheered. One thing about Overwatch is that we wanted everyone to feel welcome, even if we didn't quite know them yet. Quick hellos and introductions were exchanged as they walked with us. We all gave them each of our phone numbers then waited until some of he flight attendants caught up with their bags. We showed them to their rooms and made sure that they wouldn't get lost. We then took them on a quick tour of the base and returned to the hangar.

After a while the next plane arrived, and Aleksandra stepped off. She carried her own things, and no one was going to take them from her. She was built taller than a mountain! She kept insisting that everyone could call her Aleks or Zarya. We all gave her our phone numbers then lead her to her room. We showed her around the base then went to do the same waiting process for Fareeha.

After a good 15 minutes of waiting, the plane finally arrived. I felt a mix or nervousness and excitement, and I had a right to be. One of my childhood best friends was coming back and I have clue who she has become. The door seemed to open in slow motion, but finally out stepped a tall figure. The flight attendants had all of her things except for one of her suitcases and a knapsack she had on her back.
As she walked closer to us the crowd cheered, and she smiled with a star-struck look in her eyes. She was wearing a black leather jacket over a dark cobalt blue t shirt and jeans. She had aviator sunglasses sitting on top of her head. She looked like she stepped out of a magazine. She got the Eye of Horus tattoo. She was tall, around 6 foot I would guess. She was very muscular, but still had a soft feminine look to her. Her jawline was sharp and her hazel eyes hard, but I could still see the awe in her gaze as she looked at the Overwatch members. I stepped out to meet her first. She extended her hand into a handshake and I shook it while looking into her hazel eyes. I still couldn't wait to get to know her again, hopefully her and I could reform our previous bond.

"I'm Angela Ziegler, it's nice to meet you again Fareeha." I stated, trying to shake off my anxiousness. She'll be nice Angela, it'll be fine.

"A pleasure to be in your company again Dr.Ziegler. I heard we're roommates?" She spoke each word with such confidence, but not cockiness. She smiled slightly at the end of her last sentence, and Angela couldn't help but break out in a grin.

"Yes we are roommates, but before I can show you our room you have to meet everyone else," I stated, trying to be as friendly as possible.

"Yes of course Doctor." She responded while starting to walk towards the others.

After some quick introductions and phone number exchanges, we all lead her to her room. She put her stuff down, or at least the stuff she carried. The flight attendants put the rest in the living room.

"Okay then. You all will be expected to be at the medical wing when you are texted to do so by Angela. We need to perform a routine check up but then your clear to do whatever you'd like." Winston said, a subtle nervousness in his tone. I did understand, he wasn't used to being in charge. At least he won't always be I thought. If everything went well Fareeha was going to be the squad leader when they went on missions and was to be Captain Amari as her mother was before her. She would only be in charge of missions while Winston was in change of media things and management. I couldn't wait for her to finally get the spotlight, I know that she has constantly felt like she was in Ana's shadow growing up, but I'm glad she has a chance to branch out and show her true colors.

As I walked to the med bay, preparing to do the routine check ups I glanced down at the list to see who was first. Who other than Captain Amari.

*Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to leave comments! (Please give positive feedback) -TiredBean*