Pizza and a Chat

(Fareeha's point of view)

Angela and I are about to go get some pizza. Even though we do this often I still get a bit of butterflies when thinking of going somewhere with Angela. It's a rare sight to see Angela with her hair down, unless she's about to go to sleep. Today she had her hair down and brushed neatly, a rare sight indeed. She looked so pretty, I mean even with her hair up she's pretty. But when her hair's down, oh man she looks so cute.

"What would you like to drink?" A waiter came up to us as we sat down.

"A Diet Coke please." Angela said, looking at the waiter instead of avoiding eye contact like most people. She was so polite.

"A Gatorade for me sir". That was the best part about this place, they had Gatorade. I mean the pizza was pretty good but rarely any restaurants had sports drinks anymore and I always need more fluids. I mean I spend 2 hours twice a day at the gym.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Angela asked.

"Oh nothing much, I'm just thinking about how thankful I am this place has Gatorade" I state with a slightly goofy grin. Angela smiles back, a full smile.

"And I was over here thinking you were thinking about something serious" she said with a teasing tone, knowing that I would laugh. And I did. She's so lighthearted around me, it makes me feel special. Around some people she's kind but has a stern expression that kinda scares some people.

"Me, serious, never." I shoot back, sarcasm dripping from my voice. She giggled, and I smiled.

"So what's the Captain been up to lately?"

"Nothing much, just basic workouts and training."

"Oh I definitely notice how much you train," She said with a, was that flirtatious tone? I blush lightly, but I'm confident my skin tone will hide it. "I saw you started making your workouts more intense, you okay?" She stated this with genuine concern, and I guess she had a right to.  Whenever I'm upset I have a tendency to just work it off at the gym, and I guess she pays more attention then I thought. But this time I started working out more to hopefully impress her. Maybe she noticed? Probably not.

"I'm completely fine, just been trying to get stronger." I state, and I know by the way she relaxes that she can tell I'm telling the truth.

"Are you completely fine, or are you trying to impress someone?" She said, this time adding a wink. I full on blushed now, and I know even my skin can't hide that. Before I could respond, she spoke again "Ooo the Captain's trying to impress someone".

I was still blushing and I fumbled out the lame response of "I'm always trying to impress people". And normally that would have sufficed, but this time I more or less mumbled it and was blushing. Two giveaways that I was, indeed, trying to impress someone. Why is she asking these questions? Is she trying to flirt? I hope so. Don't get ahead of yourself Fareeha she's probably just being a friend. The waiter came over with their drinks and didn't need to ask what pizza they wanted, considering they got the same thing every time.

"So, are you going to tell me who you're trying to impress?" She asked, a devilish grin on her face.

"Nope". I responded, my own grin forming.

"I'll just have to force it out of you then" she said with another wink. A soft blush went over my cheeks, but I hid my reaction better this time. Is she really flirting? With me?

"Good luck Angela, the last time I spilled secret was when I was talking to my Mom at the age of 5". I say, and it was an exaggeration but she knew the point.

"Well I have my own ways," she said that last part with emphasis, and as she did she took the sunglasses I had on off of the top of my head. She winked then put them on her head and smiled, satisfied with herself. "Now...who are you trying to impress?" She was grinning now, obviously happy with herself.

"I don't think losing those sunglasses is as big of a loss to me as you think. Plus, you look good with them," I say, this time adding a wink of my own. Angela full-on blushed, her cheeks turning a bright red color. "So who are you trying to impress? Your hair is down for once, that's pretty rare"

"Oh no one". She said, her eyes now avoiding my gaze.

"No one huh, I think Angela has a crush~" I stated, a smirk on my face. I didn't tease her often, but when I did she always got timid and embarrassed.

I wonder who she likes. Probably someone at base. Maybe Genji swept her off her feat again.

"N-no I don't like an-anyone." She tried to give me a confident response, but instead mumbled out an answer. I smiled and laughed, she kept her head down. Did... you don't think she likes you do you? I think to myself. I was about to tease her a bit more but she was saved by the pizza being put on the table.

We ate and stared the short walk home, in which Angela tried to tease me some more. "So... you're trying to impress someone too. Fareeha has a crush" She was smiling again, trying to tease me again.

Before I could answer she walked inside the base and towards the med bay. I happily complied. What can I say, I like the armchairs she has for the patients. She sits on one armchair and I sit on the other, we tilt them to face each other. They were only about a a foot apart. If I leaned in I could put my elbows on her knees.

"What if I do?" I ask, trying to get her to blush over the whole crush question again. She did say I liked someone, I had to act cool. I leaned over and put my elbows on my knees, waiting for a response. By the time she responded she was blushing but still smiling. She shot back at me with,

"Well wouldn't you tell me who it is?" She asked with a mischievous grin on her face, "Aren't I your best friend?" She put a fake pout on her face, trying to make me give in. After a few seconds she looked at me with that mischievous but seductive grin. I had to respond now.

"Best friend, hm. I think I can think of a better title than that" I said grinning in a similar way to her while plucking my glasses off of her head.

"And what would that be?" She asked all innocently.

I leaned in, my height allowing me to be next to her ear. "Girlfriend" I whisper, my seductive and confident voice making her practically melt into me. She shivered as I placed my hand on her cheek so move her head. She tilted her head up and I leaned down. Her lips were so soft. We moved in a perfect rhythm, and even though the kiss wasn't long, it was the perfect length. I moved back, awaiting her response to what I had said before. 

"I don't know if that title fits yet, let me see" She said with a little smirk. She leaned in to me, and I met her halfway. She put her hand behind my head and I put mine on her cheek. She slipped her tongue into my mouth and I happily let it stay there. I wanted to try something, so I pushed back her tongue and slipped mine inside her mouth. She sighed in content and I knew I was doing something right. Unfortunately enough, all good things must come to an end. But I figured there would be many more kisses. We were both breathing in deeply, attempting to catch our breath.

"I think... the title fits" she breathed out.

I smiled and said, "I never had a doubt".

She laughed and said, "Oh yes the ever so confident Captain Amari will never be nervous". Her smile was contagious, and I had to match hers with a smile of my own.

"I'm never nervous," I say with a little wink then add "But it seems at the restaurant you definitely were".

She blushed madly, this time though she tried (and failed) to hide it. After calming her red hot cheeks down she fired back "Maybe you make me nervous Ms.Amari".

"I wonder why~" I say in a sarcastic manner, "Did you want me to kiss you that bad" Adding a raised eyebrow to it along with a grin.

"What if I did, Amari".

"Then I would say my timing was impeccable"

She chuckled, and we walked back to the room. After watching The Giver movie for the hundredth time, we went to sleep. All in all, it was a great day.

*Im you all were waiting for this kind of chapter. Hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment! -TiredBean*