Those Three Words

(Angela's point of view)
Fareeha and I had been dating for about 8 months now, and I'm so happy everything has worked out. She's everything I've ever wanted in a person. She cool and badass, but still soft and sweet when she wants to be. I just love her so much, and I think today was the day I officially tell her that. We had both woken up by now and we're getting ready for the day ahead. Faree was going to go on a jog and I was going to go work at the med bay, which basically meant I was going to go do paperwork. We both turned to leave when suddenly an announcement went over the speakers.

"Every Overwatch agent report to the mission assembly room. I repeat every Overwatch agent report to the mission assembly room." We both groaned and put down the items we had previously picked up. I threw off my lab coat and went to the mission room.

"Alright, Talon has made an attack on an objective in Antarctica.(Based on the 3v3 map) This will be a three person mission, we will be sending out Reinhardt, Fareeha, and Lucio. Those three gear up and get ready to fly out in 15" Winston finished his commands and sent the three soldiers off to prepare. He picked a strong team, and I'm pretty glad I don't have to head out. Faree gets ready the quickest, but I guess I have to call her Pharah now. I give her a quick peck on the cheek and tell her to go kick some ass. She promises she will and says goodbye. All the leftover members wave at the place leaving, as if we were children. We saw them wave through the windows and we're all happily walking back to base. Instead of worrying about the mission, I decided to focus on some paperwork in the med bay. Maybe I should have worried.

A Few Hours Later

The agents that went to the mission were on their way home, which could only mean two things. Either someone was majorly injured, or they secured the point extremely quickly. It was normally the former and not the latter, but we had been told the mission was a success. But they had also told us a member was badly injured, but it wasn't deadly. They couldn't get enough on the flight to tell us who got injured, and I was praying it wasn't Fareeha.

"The flight will be landing in 5 minutes. I repeat the flight will be landing in 5 minutes" This was every Overwatch agent's cue to go down to the hangar and wait. We all anxiously glanced at each other as we saw the plane approaching, worrying about whoever got hurt. As the plane landed we all waited in a fearful silence. They opened the door and out stepped Lucio and Reinhardt. They look perfectly fine. Fareeha must have gotten hurt... My heart started to race as realization hit me. Her silhouette appeared and I noticed that she looked normal. Maybe someone had a deep wound that needed stitches? I smiled as I watched Fareeha make her way out of the plane and down the ramp. She was wearing her favorite blue cotton T-shirt and plain black athletic shorts. I was all smiles until I realized what was happening. Up to her elbow her left arm was missing. (This isn't canon I just thought the story needed a twist) She smiled, but started to frown as everyone gasped. I sprinted to where she was.

"What happened? Who did this? Is it stable? Is it..."

"Angela," She said as she grabbed one of my shoulders with her right arm, "I'm fine. I'll explain everything in the med bay". After everyone fired some questions at Fareeha, I got to walk her to the med bay. We went into the room that was meant for injury recovery and treatments. I helped her sit on the bed and finally I could ask about the whole incident.

"Okay, what happened?" I asked, glad I could finally talk to her.

"We had successfully completed the mission after defeating most of their soldiers. The rest of the soldiers retreated and flew away. As we were scouting the area I put my hand on one of the walls and found a small land mine. I don't really remember anything after a bright flash and searing pain. I woke up and I was on the ship heading home. Lucio has stabilized me and said I was going to be okay for now" she finished her little story and looked me in the eye, curious as to what my response would be.

"Well I'm going to need to take some measurements so we can build you some prosthetics. You and Torbjörn can discuss the designs and all that" I replied, "But if you don't want to continue working with Overwatch after being so majorly injured, we will give you your prosthetics and medically discharge you"

"First off, I'm not going to leave. And second off, when will I be able to get back to missions?" (Note this world is more advanced so their prosthetics will work basically the same as normal limbs they'd just be metal) I mentally sighed in relief that she didn't want to leave, but knew she was going to be mad when I answered her question.

"You'll be aloud to go back to training and missions in 3 weeks" I reply, waiting for her response.

"Three weeks?"

"Well it takes a week to make the specialized prosthetics and then we have to make sure your body responds to them properly. If one of them doesn't work we'll have to wait to send you out. We'll be doing tests with your Military one and everyday one, so it normally takes a bit of time"

"Alright" she sighed as she sat patiently waiting as I did the measurements.

"I'm going to have Lucio come in here and make sure everything is completely stable, and then you can go back to the room. I have to go do some paperwork and give Torbjörn the measurements. We'll design the prosthetics tomorrow"

"Okay, but I think you're going to have to give me a hand with choosing the prosthetics" Fareeha said with a goofy smile and a wink. I groaned at her pun but kissed her on the cheek as I got up to leave.

"I'm going to find a way to silence your puns one day Liebling, just you wait"

"And what does Liebling mean Ange?"

"It means darling~" I say, about to leave the room

"Oh we're playing that game, well in that case goodbye Habibati~" (Habibati is my love in Arabic)

That Night

"Hey Faree I'm done with work!"

"Hey Ange!" Fareeha replied from the couch, looking back at me. I came over and sat down with her, happy that she was alright.

"I was so scared when I saw your arm Fareeha"

"I'm sorry Angel"

"It's okay, it's not your fault. I just thought I might lose you and you might leave me here and quit Overwatch"

"I would never" she said, her eyes staring deeply into mine.

"I love you, you know that right?" I ask, and I felt like a small weight had been lifted off my chest. I had been wanting to tell her that I loved her for so long.

"I know, and I love you too Angey. So let's stop worrying about what happened and think about the bright side"

"And what's the bright side?"

"You won't have to worry about me going on missions for three weeks" she said with a smile and I smiled right back. We both fell asleep on the couch that night.

The Prosthetics
For at home and everyday wear, Fareeha picked a prosthetic that had a very convincing fake skin and had the ability to lightly feel things. This was the perfect on for everyday wear, since she would feel what she was touching and it looked real.

For military wear, she picked a normal metal prosthetic that would be able to change colors depending on what suit she was wearing or on whatever color she wanted it to be. It had an excellent feeling of touch, to a point where it made it feel as if it was her normal hand. It was sturdy and strong and the best one available for military wear. She was extremely happy with her choices, and I was extremely happy that everything was going smoothly.