Background

(Fareeha's point of view)
I've known some of the Overwatch agents since I was 12 years old. Some of them I've known even longer than that. I grew up seeing people come back injured and some even dead, but I always knew this is what I wanted to do. I wanted to protect those who couldn't protect themselves. Like Overwatch did.

After I finished school, I joined the Egyptian Military. I was highly desired as I rose through the ranks, and I knew that I was getting closer and closer to joining Overwatch. I had a degree in engineering, which helped me join the elite Helix security company. Overwatch was looking at our mission reports. I quickly became a lieutenant and eventually a captain. I knew that Overwatch would have to contact me soon.

Until they disbanded. After controversy after controversy, they finally got shut down for good. I'm not gonna lie, I was depressed about that for a bit. I was sure what my goals were anymore, and I had no family to talk to about it. My father wasn't around much and I only talked to him periodically and Ana died a few months ago. I lost hope for a while, I didn't know what to do with myself. I only knew that I wouldn't let my team down. So that became my new mission. I worked harder than ever before, just to keep my team safe. I was happy. I was satisfied.

Key word: was. After a few months of hard work and some recognition I got a call. I answered it, why wouldn't I? It was a recall. For the team I had always wanted to join, Overwatch. How could I say no?

*Welcome to the story the Pharmercy! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you find any errors feel free to drop a comment -TiredBean*