Getting Settled

(Fareeha's point of view)
I had just finished putting away my things in my room, when my phone dinged with a message.

You're first on the list for your checkup, be at the med bay in 5 minutes

Be right there. I respond and start the walk to the med bay. As I'm trotting down the hall I happen to notice not a single soul is wandering around. I guess the tour was enough to settle their curiosity. I personally was looking forward to wandering around and finding things that weren't mentioned on the tour.

I quickly arrived at the med bay, and when I walked in I saw three rooms. The one I was in currently and was more of an office with some armchairs in front of the desk. Angela was sitting with her chair turned the opposite direction in the first room. The second one was through a door on the left and appeared to be more of a laboratory. The third one was on the right through a door and appeared to be more of a recovery/surgery room, almost like a hospital room but nicer. Neat.

"Ah Captain Amari. Right on time!" Angela said turning her chair to face me.

"What can I say I've got a soldiers timing" I stated with a small smile. "And no need for formalities, call me Pharah or Fareeha Dr.Ziegler."

"Pharah it is" She smiles then continued, "I have your physical from Helix here so I'll only need to do a few basic things in order to deem you ready for a fight".

"Alright. What's first?" I ask politely, trying not to seem over anxious. I mean I had a right to be. I had a beautiful girl sitting in front of me who probably still though of me as a child. We used to be very close a long time ago, and I want to leave a good impression.

"I'm going to be checking your heart rate and doing bloodwork but then your free to go. Your lucky," she said breaking out into a grin "you have a short appointment because Helix actually takes physicals."

I grinned and said "Yeah they were pretty adamant about getting those physicals, I'd have to get one done every 6 months".

She kept smiling and did what she had to do, and I can't help but start to have even the tiniest crush on her. I probably just wanted a friend.

Back in the room

I sat down and started to read the book I had brought myself. It was one of my favorites even though I had read it over and over again. It was called "The Giver" and although it was old I found it quite fascinating. I had all four books with me, but the first one had to be my favorite. As I was reading Angela walked through the door around 20:00. A long day. She plopped down on the other couch.

"Long day?" I ask

"You don't even know". She responded with a soft smile. "What are you reading?"

"The Giver," I state "you might have not heard of it it's pretty old."

"Oh no I've heard of it!" She exclaimed with a smile then ran off into her room. She came out with a book that had 4 Giver books inside it. "It's my favorite!"

I smiled, a full smile this time. "Mine too!" They started chatting about the book, and why they both loved it so much. They got on to other topics, her asking about Helix and me asking about the life of a doctor. We were up till 0:00 (midnight) chatting about our lives. It was good for the both of us, we felt better connected as roommates and squad mates.

*They seem to be getting along well...Hope you liked this chapter be sure to give some feedback! -TiredBean*