Chapter 5 Day Dreaming pt. 2

After a few hours, my heart continued to pound restlessly until one of the mothers personal servant, Halias came to my room. She quickly ordered me to meet my mother in the training room, not bothering with any formalities, leaving as quickly as she came.

I quickly changed into my training gear. It was second skin to me, the worn out grayish black colour, scratched leather like scales on a wild snake, the way it fitted my body and shown my leaned muscles. I felt like a huntress and surprisingly I quite like the look.

I quietly wished for the older prince to see me like this but when I walked towards the training area I didn't see him anywhere. He must have left. A warm flush filled my face, I didn't even get his name! I rubbed my neck and shook off the thought like it was a fly constantly buzzing around my head.

My steps seemed to drag on the marble floors, I didn't see anyone else in the hallway. The only sounds were my own and some servants gossiping about the news. I heard little bits of information but it didn't make any sense without context.

"I heard it too.."

"...What do you think happened.."

"...I think we should help."

I didn't bother to pay attention as I walked towards the room. 2 steel doors greeted me as I pushed them open and saw mother, Wais was nowhere to be seen.

She usually wasn't there when I began my lessons. She's most likely ransacking the kitchen, hungry after practice. Just the thought of her doing so almost made me chuckle.

Mother didn't seem to notice me or care about my presence. It was the usual, I should be used to it but I still craved her approval like the way she treated Lilac. She only spoke a few words and began to teach me.

My fist collided with the bags mother threw with her magic, mine had not yet manifested in me so all I could do was work on physical strength. I didn't mind it, plus it would help me yield my magic in the long run.

Each of them fell one by one. Dust flew everywhere, from my body then to the surroundings. My feet moved away from the bags, leaving them on the floor. My coordination seemed to improve from last times practice. A small smug smile formed on my lips.

The training room felt small as the bags trailed the floor. The room was big, filled with 16 towering windows peering into the garden and beyond. Fire danced in the lamps, lighting up the room. Equipment for magic and physical use was on the floor in a strategic pattern so one wouldn't crash into another. You could fit another 3 houses here and there would still be enough space left to train.

With all that room, mother still doesn't like the shared space whenever she's in it. Too close or too cramped are a few things she would complain about say so she kicks everyone out whenever Wais or I use it. My body moved gracefully as bags flew from behind, above and under me. It was like a dance with no pattern.

Mother's eyes seemed surprised at how I moved but a smile grew on her face.

I smiled, mother must be proud of me. We continued training until my body ached and caked with powder mixed with sweat. I must have smelled awful when mother called training earlier than usual.

"Well, I think you deserve a reward, my dear." My smile grew on my face, mother never rewarded me for something, I would have jumped in excitement if I wasn't so tired. "Close your eyes dear, the surprise is in the other room. Just follow me."

Mother placed her hand on mine and began to move. My feet followed her as I closed my eyes. A giggle escaped from my mouth. Lilac got fancy dresses so I wondered what I could get. For a while mother and I made turns, but I didn't want to open my eyes. I wouldn't ruin the surprise.