Chapter 12

With the Pokémon league finished, Philip and Cinderella retired to the trainer's lobby with their Pokémon. Cinderella was sitting down on a coach with Valiant. Rose was relaxing in her lap, admiring the golden rose. Ariel and Bella were busy wrapping the roses they recovered into two bouquets with paper and ribbons. They were going to wait in the lobby for Cinderella's stepsisters to arrive. She hoped she could have some time to talk to Patricia in disguise.

Philip took a moment to gather himself together then walked over to Cinderella. He sat down in an easy chair across from her. Alex laid down on the ottoman.

"You are amazing, my Lady," said Philip, "You and your Pokémon fight like no trainer I ever fought before."

"Thank you, Your Highness," said Cinderella, "You're a great trainer yourself."

"Well, I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset about losing to you," said Philip.

"I understand." said Cinderella, "I would have felt the same way if I lost, too."

"You really had me there with that delayed Trump Card attack." said Philip, "And your Absol's Future Sight and Perish Song combination."

"The way you countered his Future Sight attack was also clever." said Cinderella, "And the way your Rapidash used Poison Jab on herself to resist my Gardevior's Hypnosis move."

"Your Lucario appears to be more experienced than your other Pokémon." said Philip, "Did you train him?"

"Oh no, Your Highness. Duke Lucario was given to me as a guardian by my father. He's his real trainer. Before I was born, my father and Lucario fought many Pokémon battles and traveled everywhere to perfect their training. They even served in His Royal Highness's army during the Great War."

"Do they still travel?" asked Philip.

Cinderella shook her head. "No, my father and Lucario haven't traveled in years. After the war ended, they were asked to return home to become dukes in His Royal Highness's court. My father met my mother at a royal ball, and they fell in love and got married. I was born a year later."

"I see," said Philip. He thought for a moment, "You said your mother died. What was she like?"

"She was kind, fun, and loving to everyone. We used to play games and dance together all the time. She was always there to cheer me up when I was sad. And she loved to tell me stories. Legends and fairytales were my favorite. My favorite story is the Pokémon legend of Jirachi."

All the Pokémon in the room looked up and stared at Cinderella in surprised. For a moment, the lobby was silent.

Then Philip spoke up. "Jirachi? That sleeping Pokémon that is said to grant wishes?"

"Yes, that one," said Cinderella.

Valiant explained, "It's one the legendary Pokémon, Your Highness, so not much is known about it. Just stories and legends told through the ages. Known by most as the Wish Maker, Jirachi only awakens seven days every one thousand years to grant three wishes. Though some stories say it can also be awakened by a person with a pure heart. It can make any wish come true, can transform anything into whatever it wants, and is believed to have the ability to talk and even fight in it's sleep."

Alex suddenly interrupted with a laugh. "Umbreon! Umbreon!"

"What is it, Alex?" asked Philip.

Valiant understood, "It seems that Duke Umbreon doesn't believe in Jirachi. He said that Jirachi is nothing but a fairytale."

"Well, it does sound too good to be true." said Philip, "But if Jirachi is real, it sounds like a pretty amazing Pokémon."

"My mother said that she met Jirachi and it granted her three wishes," said Cinderella.

Cinderella: A Pokémon FairytaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara