Chapter 10

"TRAINERS! SEND OUT THE NEXT POKÉMON!"

"This battle is just getting started." said Philip, "Henry, let's go!"

The Gallade came forward, swinging his arms to show off his strength and speed.

Cinderella smiled at Ariel, "Okay, it's your turn, Gardevoir!"

Ariel gracefully walked out, waving to the audience. Several male Pokémon in the stands began swooning over Ariel. For some reason, Ariel always had this air that made others attracted to her. Henry the Gallade almost fell under her spell, but he quickly gathered himself together.

"A Gardevoir, huh?" said Philip, "Such a beautiful trainer to have beautiful Pokémon."

"Oh, Gardevoir is more than just pretty." said Cinderella.

***********************************************************************

In the stepfamily's box, the Stepmother and stepsisters looked over the matchup with the girls' Pokémon.

"So, both evolved forms of Kirlia are going to be battling." said the Stepmother, "Very interesting. But what can the Masked Maiden's do after she took away Patricia's victory the other day?"

"Mother," said Sabrina, embarrassed, "The Perfect Princess Contest is over. Can't we just enjoy the battle for now?"

"Emerald!" Patricia shouted, "What are you doing?!"

Emerald was leaning over the railing, gazing lovingly at the Masked Maiden's Gardevoir.

"Wow! That Gardevoir's so beautiful!" he thrilled, "I think I'm in love!"

"Are you joking, Emerald?" said Blair, "You hardly even know her!"

"Berry, don't tell me Emerald's under the influence of Attract." said Princess.

"No, he's not." said Berry, "He just has a soft spot for pretty Pokémon."

"What? I can state my opinion, can I not?" said Emerald, "Blair, I'll bet you two Poképuffs Gardevoir wins this round."

"Oh yeah?" said Blair, "You're on!"

Their attention returned to the field where Ariel and Henry were facing off.

***********************************************************************

"Henry, use Psycho Cut!" Philip ordered.

Henry's forearms glowed light blue, growing and extending in the back like a blade. He swung his arms repeatedly, sending multiple light blue rings of energy at Ariel.

"Gardevoir, use Teleport!" Cinderella cried.

Ariel's body glowed and vanished right before the Psycho Cut reached her. She reappeared seconds later four feet away from she once stood. Philip stared, surprised.

"OOO, GALLADE TRIES TO ATTACK AND JUST MISSES! GARDEVOIR DODGED IT WITH TELEPORT! HIS HIGHNESS IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH A MOVE LIKE THAT!"

"Gardevoir, Magical Leaf!"

"Henry, Aerial Ace!"

Ariel sang as she summoned and fired multiple glowing leaves at Henry. Henry became engulfed in light as he charged at Ariel through the sharp leaves.

"GALLADE IS GETTING BATTERED RUNNING THROUGH THAT MAGICAL LEAF! IT LEAPS ONCE AGAIN AND, OH! GARDEVOIR TRIED TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, BUT GALLADE'S AERIAL ACE HITS! THE BATTLE IS GETTING INTENSE!"

"Fury Cutter!" Philip shouted.

Once again, Henry's bladed arm glowed into blades and he repeatedly slashed at Ariel with him. She cried out as he hit her five times. At the fifth time, he punched and knocked her backwards ten feet.