32. Truck Chase

(19th June)

Everything was loaded. The trucks were packed full of supplies and you were nearly ready. Turns out, Jin and Yoongi had found a car too and all it needed was fuel. They were very impressed with you when Jungkook told them how you had gotten fuel out of the other cars. You'd shown them how to do it and their truck was fueled up in no time.

You were doing one last sweep of the town hall making sure no one had left anything behind. Everything seemed to be clear of personal belongings and useful supplies. You felt sad as you left the room you and Jungkook shared. The two of you had slept together every night while you had been here and the place had started to feel like home. But you couldn't stay you knew Baehyun would find you here eventually and he was the last person your group needed to see.

Sighing, you jogged down the stairs and out to the front where the guys were just finishing loading up the trucks. Hobi had given both of them a new level of protection from scrap metal he had found yesterday which, hopefully, would protect you a little bit more.

Both the red and dark blue pick up truck had been given more protection on the sides in the form of bits of metal and wooden planks. The wheels now had coverings hanging around them which would prevent them from getting shot and deflating. Yoongi had attached some barbed wire to the fronts to protect from oncoming Biters and because 'It looked cool' had been Yoongi's exact words.

You leaned on the inside of the door watching Jungkook stand on the back of the truck and load things that were being passed from Jimin and Jin. It was a hot day today, the sweat on his face was making him glisten and his ebony hair was sticking to his forehead, overall it was a very attractive look.

"Is that everything from inside?" Namjoon asked appearing out of nowhere and snapping you out of your trace.

"Yeah," you nodded acting casual.

"Good," he smiled, "You will be travelling with Jin, Hobi and Jungkook. That alright?" You nodded feeling secretly pleased. "Nice, Jungkook insisted that the two of you travel sitting in the back of the truck together so just make sure neither of you falls out. Y/N can you also find something to do with Hugo before we leave, he's behind the Townhall in the garden area, we can't take him with us. Maybe you could set him free?" You felt sad about leaving the horse alone all the others had died and horses were herd animals, you hoped he was going to be alright.

You nodded and walked away from him towards the garden area. You pushed open the door to see the coloured horse grazing happily in the long grass. He looked up as you approached him making you smile, he was a very pretty horse. "Hey buddy," you greeted him patting his nose. "We're leaving today. I'm sorry to say you've got to go on your own because we can't take you all the way to Seoul with us." 

Huge clearly had no idea what you were saying, he was just happy to have so much long grass to eat. Classic horse. "I hope you're going to be alright, you helped us loads when we were leaving the farm. I'm sorry all your friends didn't make it. I hope you don't feel lonely."

A sudden and loud gunshot made you jump. You heard the guys shouting from the front. Without thinking twice you sprinted back through the Townhall and crouched on the inside of the doorway.

"What the hell was that?" Came Yoongi's angry voice from outside.

"Baehyun's here!" Taehyung shouted sprinting down the stairs and joining you crouched in the doorway his gun hanging over his shoulder. You felt your heart sink, he'd finally caught up with you. But you guys had been here for a while, he must have been waiting for the right opportunity to attack.

"How far away Tae?" Jungkook shouted loudly over the sound of more gunfire that hit the balcony.

"The other side of town," Taehyung responded, "They won't be long we need to move now!"