19. Gasoline

(28th May)

You and Jungkook were slowly and quietly walking through the town your eyes wide for any signs of movement, human or Biter.

The two of you had decided to go to a market on the other side of the town. Instead of walking through the centre you were going through the smaller less viewable roads.

So far, the town was completely empty. But the fact that Hobi said they'd seen two gangs fighting here made you think that people were hiding in the boarded-up houses. It made you worried that you were being watched.

"It's very quiet," Jungkook voiced what you'd just been thinking.

"Yeah," you replied slowly checking behind you, "Too quiet."

"Let's just keep going," Jungkook said noticing how uncomfortable you looked. His eyes felt onto the hand you were resting in your gun and squeezing Hugo into a faster walk.

*

Eventually, you arrived at a huge abandoned market. The empty car park with filled with random shopping carts dotted around and even some upside down.

The most impressive feature of this scene was the huge helicopter half stuck through the roof. It looked like it had been blown up and was inches from falling through completely. You glanced at Jungkook who nodded encouragingly and dismounted Hugo.

"Looks safe."

You followed him and hid the horses in a bike shelter on the edge of the car park. You slipped the bow over your shoulder and gripped your gun tightly.

"Let's do this quickly," Jungkook spoke beginning to walk cautiously towards the creepy looking building.

"Agreed," you nodded going with him but scanning your eyes in every direction.

You walked up a set of steps and peered through the glass window, it was dark and dusty inside. You couldn't see any movement which was a good sign for now.

"You see any Biters?" He asked from behind you.

"Nope," you answered squinting even harder for any movement.

"I'm not sure if that's good or bad," he stated looking unsure.

"Neither," you agreed shaking your head slowly.

He followed you towards the door and you opened it slowly. It creaked slightly and you held your breath at the uncomfortable loud noise.

The first thing you noticed was the air smelt clean and didn't smell like rotting death. Clean air was a good sign, clean air meant there weren't any Biters. Jungkook carefully closed the door and waited behind you. You whistled then waited for any noise.

Silence hit your ears and you relaxed slightly. You continued forward slowly, just because there were no Biters didn't mean there weren't any people. Sometimes people could be worse than Biters. You looked up at the lump in the ceiling that was where the helicopter was, you prayed it wasn't going to fall in and crush you both.

A crashing noise next to you made you jump and turn quickly holding your gun up. Jungkook was stood about two meters from you pushing a shopping cart. You guessed he had just picked it up from the floor which explained the crashing noise.