3. Telling Your Family

{Picture of baby at 12 weeks}

Calum:

Today was finally the day. You had just reached your 12th week mark and we're ready to tell your family. "Don't be nervous babe." He mumbled as he watched you bounce your knees in the car. You laughed slightly before reaching over and lacing one of his hands with yours. "I hope their okay with it. I mean we've been married only a year." You mumbled kissing his fingers to calm yourself down.

"I don't think that matters babe. Just as long as we're happy and in love they'll respect that." He said as we pulled up and he smiled at you. "Ready?" He asked before you nodded and he ran around opening your door. Slowly the two of you made your way to the front door ringing the doorbell twice. A couple seconds later your mom, Susan, opened the door.

"Hey mommy!" You greeted smiling at her. "Hello my love. Hello Calum. Come on in. I'm so excited to catch up with you guys." She said as you all made your way to the living room. She sat down as we waited for dinner to be finished. Your dad, John, greeted you with a happy smile taking a couple minutes to talk with Calum about some kind of sports.

As he took his seat your mom and dad both stared at you expectantly. "Well, we're here today because we found out some good news." You said picking up your purse and slowly pulling out your ultrasound pictures. "I'm pregnant." You said watching as your mom got teary-eyed. Your dad watched the both of you looking as if he were listing the pros and cons. "Say something please." You mumbled after they stayed quiet for a good 5 minutes.

Your mom was now full on crying as she stood up and hugged you and then Calum. "Oh my. It's so precious." She said running her fingers across the ultrasound. "How far along are you?" She asked as she led you to the dinner table.

"I'm 12 weeks. I waited this long because once we hit the 12th week we felt a little better." You say softly, looking at your mom with tears in your eyes.

"Oh darling. I hope all goes well." She said as she served dinner. And that was how it was for the rest of the night. Chatter, laughter and lots of love surrounding your unborn baby.

Ashton:

Today was your 12 week mark. And it was also the day you told your parents about the twins. With a small sigh you laced your fingers with Ashton's and together you both walked up to the front door ringing the doorbell twice. Because you had planned the dinner a couple days before, you wanted to bake a cake to surprise your family.

The cake was big enough to feed the three in your family plus you and Ashton. It was a simple white cake with three building blocks. On each block written was one word: "We're Having Twins!"

As your mom opened the door she smiled and pulled both of you into an embrace.

"Hello Mum." You said walking in with the cake and putting it where no one would get it. As you all sat down for dinner your knee bounced. Everyone chatted until they were finished eating and then your mum stared at you. "So, you said you had news?" She questioned smiling. Ashton stood up and walked to get the cake setting it on the table. "Hope you guys like it." You said clearing your throat and opening the box.

Your Mum smiled staring at the cake. Confusion crossed her face as her and your sister looked carefully at the cake. "Darling, why... Oh my." She whispered tears falling freely down her face. Your sister and dad watched on with confusion as your mom stood and pulled you up hugging you. She lifted your sweater your 12 week bump showing.

"Wait, your pregnant?!" Your sister gasped as she came around and hugged you. Your dad smiled congratulating you and Ashton. "Take care of my daughter and my grandkids." He whispered as Ashton shook his hand. He winked at you, "So, who wants some cake?"

Luke:

"Hi mom. Hi dad." You whispered as you and Luke walked slowly. You pulled out the blanket and laid it down in front of them. "I'm sorry I haven't been visiting lately. Just so much going on." You closed your eyes taking a deep breath. Luke sat behind you wrapping his arms around your stomach and rubbing slowly.

"Go on babe. Their listening." He whispered as you opened your eyes and stared at the two tombstones. You nodded tears falling freely down your face. "I'm pregnant mommy, daddy. With triplets. I wish you were here to help me. I wish I hadn't let you guys go that night." You cried softly, quiet sobs escaping your mouth.

"C'mon Babe." Luke whispered. He hated seeing you like this. The trip to the tombstones was always upsetting for him. He slowly helped you up and guided you back to the car. "They'd be very proud of who you've become." He whispered as you two got in the car and drove off slowly.

Michael:

"Babe!" You called as you video chatted with your mom and dad. Although the screen was separating you guys you were excited to tell your mom and dad the news.

Michael entered the room sitting next to you with a smile on his face. "Hello Mr. And Mrs. Y/L/N. How's Australia treating you?" He asked linking fingers with you.

"It's been amazing. I hope you two can visit soon." She blew a kiss towards you making you smile. "We will Mommy. But first we have news." You said one hand resting on your belly underneath the desk.

"I'm pregnant! Finally." You said tears welling in your eyes. Your mom jumped up staring at the both of you. "Oh my goodness. You better fly out as soon as that baby is born. It'd be a shame if we couldn't meet the baby right away." You laughed and nodded.

"Of course Mommy. Anything for you guys." You said watching as your dad smiled and winked at you. "Love you sweetie!" They called as the chat was ended, quite some time later. As you closed the laptop you and Michael got on the bed cuddling close. "I feel so much better." You whispered kissing Michael before you drifted off to sleep.

///