5 - Uncharted Waters

Mulai dari awal

"Oh sorry, guess I've seen one too many crime movies" my cheeks must be bright red now, I'm so embarrassed he saw that!

He's pulling out into traffic now, a serious expression on his face. I study him while he drives, it's good to know details you know, just in case. His wide neck is covered in tattoos, and despite the cold weather he's only wearing a light shirt, baring huge biceps, which are also covered in dark, bold tattoos.

"Malachi was it?"

"Yea"

"May I ask why you're here and not Arden?"

"He planned to be lass, something came up last minute that had to deal with so he sent me, didn't want his pretty lady left waiting" HIS pretty lady?! Oh wow, just hearing those words makes my heart pound. His? I like the sound of that. 'Oh, get a grip Emerson' I scold.

"Don't panic Lass, you will be with him soon enough" Malachi chuckles from the front seat, I suspect he's enjoying this a little more than he should, my persona giving away equal parts excitement and apprehension. I couldn't help the excitement, the Irish tones in Malachi's voice were aiding me with my visions of Arden, all my nerve endings awaiting his touch.

Soon enough we are pulling up outside Clover, and again my breath hitches in my throat, but this time it's due to the glorious vision of my mystery man, Arden. He stands tall, his dark hair tidy, facial hair trimmed for the occasion. His eyes serious, but inviting. Under a dark long coat, which clearly was made for him, he wears a fitted shirt, not quite buttoned up, showing a hint of his broad toned chest. Black pants hung from hips, and everything about him screamed power, and lord knows I want to give him more, I want him to take the power, to be my power.

I begin to prepare myself to exit the vehicle, but instead he opens the left-hand rear door, and slides in next to me.

He leans in and places a gentle kiss on my left cheek, the simple gesture igniting a frenzy of electric pulses through my body

He leans in and places a gentle kiss on my left cheek, the simple gesture igniting a frenzy of electric pulses through my body. It's like he was created for the sole purpose of satisfying every need my body desires. Strangely this seems like it is not a hello but more that it is like a welcome home. The urge to turn into his lips, and pull them to mine is strong, but his scent overwhelms me, rendering me his puppet should he should choose to take lead.

"Emerson, my cailín álainn" he whispers, his breath tickling the hairs on the back of my neck, every inch of my skin flaring up in goose bumps.

"I...ah I ummm" oh shit Emerson, he says your name and you lose your damn mind, speak girl! "I ah, don't speak ah Irish" I finally stutter out, I'm sure by now, looking like a complete idiot.

He leans back slightly, so he could look me in the eye and smiled, " I said 'beautiful girl' " he purrs, how is it okay that his voice alone can make me wet beyond my wildest dreams.

"oh" I squeak, feeling the redness burning up cheeks and spreading like wildfire. I glance to the front of the car at Malachi, who thankfully is staying quiet and keeping his eyes on the road as he navigates the icy roads.