E R I C A

He finished eating and just then my stomach growled.
I haven't had anything except water after this devil set his foot on the lands of America.
Even last night, I slept before having dinner.

"Re-read my speech of tonight's event.", I nodded and picked up my file and started reading the speech I wrote for him.

"Good evening ladi.....!"
"I don't do endearments. Cut it.", I picked up the pen and cut that line.
"Thank you for you all decided .....!"
"No need to thank them. They are coming for their own profit!"
Damn!
"On this peak of my career....!"
"That's not the peak of my career. I plan bigger."
I huffed and cut that part too.
"My dad James Ashton took this company....!"
"They know what dad did."
I want to strangle this man right against the wall.
"I plan to work day and night, with the support of my people..."
"I don't need anyone's support. I can build everything alone."
An ungrateful bastard.
"Sir the speech is over. I think you don't need to give...!"
"Get lost!"

Wow! What a way to dismiss!
Get lost!

I would have quit this job today. But just for the sake of sir James, I endured the insult.
I cried out my anger, but the problem is he witnessed it.

Nevertheless, I am strong if he wants to test my strength.
I hate insensitive and inconsiderate people like him, but unfortunately he's the son of the one, who gave me everything.
Thankfully I have a locker here in the restroom, with some spare set of clothes.

It's time to return the favor.

I packed my bag, and went in his office.

"Sir I had to look the arrangements for the event tonight, so I need to repo....!"
Interruption!
"I'll come with you."

Oh no!
I wanted to grab some breakfast also.

"Sure..!", I called Mason.
"Mason get the car ready. We are going to the venue."
"Sure ma'am.", He replied and I disconnected.

We reached the venue in half an hour.
By this time I realized that I have to talk with this person, only when dead necessary.
Good for me.

Mason opened the door for him and he got out.

We entered the venue and the decoration was almost done.

I removed my blazer, and thankfully I wore converse today.
I gave 'the grumpy cat', a chair and he sat in the middle to see the work.

Settling my things down, I got to work.

This event was very important and hence it needed special attention. Very influential people were to come today, in this event. And so I have to make everything hell perfect.

"Arrange flowers on each table. There should be a proper set of cutlery during dinner. The extra food will be send to this orphanage. No wastage.....!", I started giving instructions to everyone.

And then everyone got at work.

My phone pinged with notification and I looked at it to find it from
MR. GETLOST.
"Come here."

Wow! He's just sitting at two metres distance from the place I am standing.

I went to him, "You called si...."
He looked up at me.
And unfortunately our eyes met. I diverted my gaze in a second but I could still feel his on me.
"You are bossing around when your boss is here.", I looked him and saw his raised eyebrow.

He's a gone case!

"Sorry sir...Now you can boss aro...!"
"Shut up!", He snapped.

I stood behind him, with a smirk to see how a man, who doesn't like others speaking, and himself is a mute will boss around.

After some attempt to intimidate people, and scaring the shit out of him, he failed to get any answers or explanation. Only stuttering.

He irritated turned to me, "Finish this work fast. And pick up my suit. I will be at my penthouse."

I nodded and started working.
Half of my energy wasted in convincing the people that he's not as scary as he looks. Although, I knew better.

When at 1 in the afternoon, I got my breakfast, I felt life coming back in my body.

And then I run to his penthouse.

When I reached there, I found him busy on his laptop, still in his suit.
Workaholic!

I went to stand beside him when he ordered, "Cook my lunch."

What!? Seriously!?
Am I his maid!?

I went in the kitchen and started cooking.
May be the maid is absent.

I know this place well because it was bought and designed by me, on behalf of Sir James.

After some time, the lunch was ready and I saw the time was already two.

I saw him from the kitchen removing his blazer and shoes and rolling up his sleeves.

He came in the kitchen, and I kept the food before him.
It was a simple steak with salad, and soup.

I stood there, and he started eating.

And the next thing he said, sweeped the floor from below my feet.

"You are hired also as my maid."

⚫