44

Ronald unlocked his door to his apartment and sat the twins down on the floor by the couch. They were wide awake chewing on their fists. He kneeled down and unbuckled them. Once their pallet was laid out he let them have some tummy time.

They began whining so he knew they were hungry, so he went into the refrigerator and got two bottles out. He warmed them in the microwave and walked toward them. They were so chunky now, Ronald could never forget how little they were when they first came out.

They sucked down their bottles and laid out in Ronald's arms. He chuckled as they laid their watching tv.

"Two fat rats. Y'all got so full y'all can't do tummy time. Shame." Ronald shook his head. He began to burp them and lay them back on their pallet, they would soon go to sleep.

He began cleaning his whole house like he was about to have company. This was all he did basically, go to work, get the kids from their grandma and clean. Plus cooking. Raydon watched him as Roland was sleep right beside him.

"I know Roland ain't go to sleep that fast." Ronald said as he looked at them from the kitchen.Ronald liked everything clean for the safety of the babies really.

About 5 hours later it was time to take them back to their grandma. Sometimes they would stay with him but he had to wake up extra early to go to work. And dealing with two cranky babies in the morning was too hard for him to do by himself.

As the trio road in the car Ronald played baby shark so they wouldn't fuss. The twins now started getting fussy in the car they hated the car seats but they loved baby shark so Ronald took advantage of it.

Pulling up to the Peter's residence he sighed and then proceeded to get out. As always a couple of the boys were sitting out on the steps, one of them opened the door since he had two heavy babies in his hands.

"Hey nana babies!" Miranda rushed up to him taking both of the babies from him.

While she was entertaining the twins Ronald took it upon himself to head to Mollie's old room. He eased the door open and her smell instantly hit his nose making his heart beat. His eyes fell on a lump in the middle of her bed and jet black curly hair that stuck out from under the covers.

"Mo." He called out still in the door frame.

"Come in." Her raspy voice called out.

"How are you?" He asked closing the door behind him.

"I could... be better but I'm not complaining." She winced as she sat herself up.

Ronald sat on the edge of her bed and grabbed her hand rubbing the top of it then kissing it. She smiled weakly looking at the man who loved her the most. Tears fell from her eyes not only from the pain in the abdomen but from the pain in her heart that aches to him. He engulfed her into a hug and she didn't care how bad it hurt or how hard it made her cry or how loud her cries were. She just needed this moment with him.

"I'm so sorry." She hiccuped leaning back wiping her tears, sniffling hard.

"Every time I come over you apologizing, it ain't your fault Mo." He kissed her hand again then rubbed it.

"I know but since I lost him I just feel like it was my fault. It hurts, this shit hurt RJ!" Mollie said in hysterics.

"Shhh, stop. None of this is your fault Mo, ain't nobody mad at you. You ain't know none of this shit was going to happen. Stop beating yourself up about it." Ronald explained.

Mollie wiped her face and sniffled. Swelling her emotions, it was time to tell him.

"The baby..." She trailed off thinking of things to say.