Chapter 11: The Mystery of Parfum Palace

Începe de la început

"Stop him," I said. "Froakie, pin 'em down with your bubbles for Riolu!"

Arcanine sped forwards, stopping in front of the black clothed man, fangs bared. With their Pokemon out of the picture and an Arcanine in their way, I had them cornered.

"Alright," I said. "Put the bag down and I'll let you guys leave. Fair trade?"

They all exchanged looks and took off, the bag getting dropped on the ground. I heard someone yell, more in fury than in pain from within. I walked over to it and cut the strings with the knife Jessie, James, and Meowth had given me. The bag fell open to reveal a girl in a dark pink dress with frills, her auburn hair done in large ringlets. She wore a tiara on her head and had a look of surprise on her face, face slightly red from being in the bag.

"You alright?" I asked her. She stared up at me, looking a little shocked. Then she appeared to regain her composure as she stood up to about my height, dusting herself off.

"Absolutely disgusting," she said furiously. "They think they can try and kidnap me!? Think again!"

She yelled after their retreating forms and I sighed. She looked like royalty. I wasn't one who liked to deal with royalty.

She huffed and turned back to me, a smile adorning her face. She took my hands in hers and beamed at me. "Thank you so much for rescuing me. May I know your name."

"Uh," I looked down at where her hands grasped mine and felt a little uncomfortable. "Zeno."

"A pleasure to meet you Zeno," she said, still beaming, eyes practically sparkling. "I am Princess Allie of Parfum Palace. How can I ever repay you?"

"Well, I, um," I said, taken aback a little. "You don't need to-"

"Oh, I know," she looked excited. "How about we get married!"

I heard a choking noise behind me as well as coughing to cover up a fit of laughter. I had no doubt they belonged to Alex and Robert. The crowd still gathered around began murmuring excitedly and I felt my face go red. 

"Say what now!?" I basically yelled. I tried to pull away, but jeez, she had a strong grip.

"Now now," she said brightly. "I can have it all arranged tonight and tomorrow we can have our wedding."

"Uh," I was still in shock. "You're talking about this way too lightly."

"After that Clemont boy rejected me, I've been in a depressed mood," she pouted for a moment, before cheering up immediately, pulling me towards the carriage.

"Hey, wait!" I heard Alex yell, but Princess Allie had managed to pull me into the carriage. At once it began moving and I was force to sit opposite of Allie. I tried the handle and found it had locked. 

"Now now Zeno dear," the princess tutted as we rolled out of Camphrier Town. "I promise you I'll make an exceptional wife."

"Yeah, that's not my concern here," I said drily. "You just abducted me."

"Oh don't be silly," she chuckled. "You're my groom now."

I rubbed my face. This was too much.

"Okay, look," I said. "I don't want to be rude here, but I don't want to marry you. I'm travelling with my friends at the moment and-"

"Oh don't worry about that dear," she took my hands again. "I promise you, you'll enjoy my company a lot more than when you're with your friends."

I sighed. I figured I would have to escape when we stopped. Come to think of it, where were we going?