"Sorry, what was that?" McClaren's voice came, I could still practically hear the smile, but the words came out as though he had forced them out of his mouth. 

"I asked, is this an attack on Abnormals?" The crowd went completely quiet, some tension seemed to shift in my stomach. Yes, answer the question. Give me an excuse. I dare you. 

"Why would you think that?" The words were less forced now, but he definitely wasn't smiling anymore.  

"Well, statistically speaking, 95 to 100% of homeless people are either Abnormal or have ties to Abnormal individuals." She said, her shoulders squaring as thousands of eyes turned to her. "Is this then not an attack on them, as they will be the ones most affected by this?" The camera turned back to the senator, he was putting on a brave face but his ears were slowly turning red.

"I can ensure you, young lady, this is not an attack, nor should it ever be considered as an attack on Abnormal people," McClaren said, his eyes focusing on the woman. "This Directive has nothing to do with them, but everything to do with preserving the beauty of our cities. These individuals are free to seek jobs or housing before the cleanup starts, we are not forcing them to live on the streets."

"Are you saying it's a choice to be homeless, especially when it is so hard to find a job as an Abnormal?" This woman didn't miss a beat. My heart rate increased as I took a step closer to the screen, my eyes focused on Senetar McClaron. Come on, asshole. Answer the question. 

"Well, I'd say it depends on the individual," He answered, placing as much malice and hatred into the last word. "Next question." 

The crowd returned to its former, incoherent mass of sound and yells. I stepped back, not able to listen anymore. What now? What do we do? Should we do anything? Yes, of course, we should, how can you even think that?

"We need a plan." My head swung towards V, she was as pale as a ghost. 

"What?" Ben asked, it seemed like he, similar to all those around him, was still trying to take in what was happening. 

 "We need a plan to get them out," V answered, stepping away from Stewart to look up at him. His eyes were slightly glazed over, but a glimmer of clarity shone through as V continued. "We are going to help as many people as we can," 

"We won't stand for this," Griffin said, resting her free hand on his shoulder. "We can go out right now and get people out before the cleanup tomorrow." 

"It's a trap," Axel suddenly said, drawing the room's attention towards him. "They are hoping to draw us out."

"So be it," Stewart finally said, his eyes finally starting to clear. 

"No, we need to consider the risk," Axel replied as he turned towards him. 

"We can't just sit here and do nothing."

"Neither can we go in without proper planning."

"We don't have time for that."

"Yes, we do," V suddenly replied, still staring at Stewart. "How many cars are available right now?"

"Err... 5, I think."

"Alright, then," She said, turning to Axel. "You want to plan, then we plan, now." 

As though it had been a call to arms and we were soldiers reading for battle, we stepped as one to form a circle in front of the screens. Finn had turned off the volume. 

"Ben, Griffin, Axel, Stewart, and I can drive. I'm sure they are watching it downstairs, but I'll make an announcement asking for any volunteers."

"Routes?" Ben asked.