Chapter 18 Melinda's Birthday?

Six years and six months later, Melinda  turns six years old!  She is way older now than when she first got here.   Allison thinks, should I celebrate my cat's  birthday here in fairy tail or see if I can find a way to transport us both back home for it?   It has been years since when have seen the real world.  Is there anything there for us anyway?

             "Hey, what seems to be on your mind?"  Happy ask.

            "It is Melinda's Birthday!" Allison says.

              "Wow, it is, when?  Is it soon?"  Ezra remarks.

              "Yes, exactly when does she have a birthday?"  Lucy ask.

              " Melinda's birthday is today!"  Allison answers.

               "What?  It is today.  I never knew that she was born on June 16th."  Happy remarks.

             "Yes, well you all do now."  Allison says.

            "What will we do to celebrate it?"  Jellal ask.

             "I think a chocolate chip cake would be nice." Melinda says.

             "Are you serious?   Since when have you eaten cake?"   Allison responds.

            "I only ate some for my first, second, third, and fourth birthdays.  On my fifth birthday, I only had ice-cream.  It was great, but I rather have cake and ice-cream this time."  Melinda says.

             "She is right, we did forget her birthday last year, so just bought her some dessert last minute and that was it."  Lucy says. She thinks, now come to think of it, we are not good of friends to her.  Why does she even remain here anyway?

              "Oh, in that case how about we do something really special for her!  It is her sixth birthday after all!"  Melinda remarks.

              "Wow, she is already six?"  Happy says.

           "Yes, is there a problem?"  Melinda ask.

            "I suggest we do something nice as well." The boss says.  He figures why not as it has been years since her sudden arrival in their world and he has no idea if she will ever end up back home or not.

           "Sure, sounds like a plan to me!"  Natsu says.

            "Happy how about you and Melinda go on  a walk. We will call you back later."  The boss says.

         "Sure, I am okay with that as long as she Melinda is okay with this suggestion."  Happy says.

           "Yes, that would be fun!  Come on Happy!  Let's  go now!"  Melinda says.

               Happy and Melinda leave the guild to go on a walk alone.  While they are away, the others smile.  They set a plan in action for a  huge last minute party for Melinda!  This will make things so much more fun for her!  Plus, they will miss her if there ever comes a time where they do not get to celebrate with her anymore.

            An hour later, the boss calls Happy to say they are not quite ready yet.  Happy smiles, puts his phone back inside his bag and continues on with his nice time alone with Melinda.

             "Happy do you think everyone else is okay without us?"  Melinda ask.

          "Yes, I am sure they are just fine."  Happy replies.

            "Melinda, I do not know how to tell you this."  Happy seems  a bit nervous.

                 Melinda, thinks is he nervous?  why?  It is not like we ever did much to make him feel awkward around me.   Is that it?  Does he want to tell me he appreciates our friendship and that is all there is to it?

              Happy paces back and forth.  Finally, he calms down for a bit.  "Melinda, I am glad to have met you. I know I have told you this before, but I really mean it.  I really wish you could stay here forever!  I mean with my friends and I in fairy tail.  However, I am not  sure if that can happen, or not!  So, what I am want to say is I like you!  A lot!"  Happy remarks.

           "Wow, I am glad!  I like you a lot too." Melinda says.

           "Why are you sad then?  I like you as more than a friend." Happy says. He blushes. He cannot believe he just gave a confession to her like this.  

           "wh-what?  You like me as more than a friend.  You me like you want me to be your girlfriend or something?"  Melinda blurts out!

        "Yes, that is exactly what I mean.  Will you be my girlfriend?  I know it sounds odd coming from me since I am a anime cat and you are a real cat, but I do mean it."  Happy says.

         "Yes, I would be happy to be yours Happy!"  Melinda says. She gives him a high five with her paw.  She licks his cheek with her tongue and kisses him.  She blushes as she pulls away.

        Happy smiles, as he blushes at her physical contact!  He cannot believe it!  This is the best day ever!   His Melinda agrees to date him and well, he cannot see any reason to be sad anymore!  Things could never be bad as long as they are together, right?

        A  few minutes later, Nastu calls Happy!  "Hey, the guys and gals are ready for you both to come back now!  Everything is all set for Melinda's  party!  See you soon!"  Natsu says.

      "Yes, sure she you soon, buddy!"  Happy says.

          Melinda and Happy walk back to the guild. Once inside they notice it looks a bit dark.  At first they think the power went out or everyone left for some odd reason. Then, suddenly the lights turn on and everyone yells,  "Surprise!  Happy Birthday, Melinda!"

           Melinda smiles and replies,  "Awe, thanks so much everyone!"  She sees the nice decorations, the cake, ice-cream, the salmon, milk, cheese, carrots and other tasty treats!  She cannot believe all the work everyone went through for her on her special day!

         After everyone eats the food, which includes a bit of dessert, Melinda opens her gifts.  She receives a nice new jacket from Lucy.  She is glad to see it actually fits.  From Levy is a book, from Jallel, a set of magic tricks, from Ezra a hug, and a cookbook, from Natsu, a high five, and from the boss a new jump rope.   Happy gives her a tennis ball, a ping pong ball, and his special recipe for Salmon icy pops.   Finally,from Allison, she gets a new collar, a nice new mat, and a huge bag of cat nip.  She is overwhelmed when it comes to all the others have done for her!

    Melinda remarks, "Wow, this means a lot!  it really does!  Thanks for everything, everyone!  Thanks for the food, the party, the gifts and mostly for your acceptance of me into your group.  It really makes me feel more welcome  in more ways than one."

    to be continued in Chapter  19  A  portal Opens ?