Chapter 12 Melinda Speaks Again?

In the previous chapter, Ezra begs Melinda to speak for her once more as the others sleep.  However, she is so loud with her request that she wakes up Natsu. 

       Now in the current chapter, Ezra looks at Melinda with curiosity in her eyes.  She wonders, will these feline before my very eyes talk anymore, or will she remain silent?   She is not to happy that so far Melinda is quiet as she can possible be right now.

      "Ugh, Melinda please tell us anything you know!" Ezra says.

     "We have to do what we can to save Lucy!"  Natsu remarks.

     "Yes, I agree!"  Happy says, then yawns as he just woke up as well.

      "Meow, mew!"  Melinda says.  Then, she clears her throat a bit.  She looks at the three who stare at her in wonder.  She decides she will speak again if it helps Lucy.  She might as well since Lucy has been nothing, but kind to her.  Why she treats her as if she were always a part of their group.  This is a new thing to her as anything else in this world is for sure.  Even the fact she can speak is a surprise as she did not realize she could until last night. 

            "Well, you see the thing is your friend here was bitten by a spider!  I am not sure which kind as I am not familiar enough with all the species that are here in your world.  I just know by the looks of the marks that is the animal that hurt her.  It is the main cause behind her condition as well. So, I suggest we get a move on and hurry!   It is something that can not be put on a delay for much longer,"  Melinda replies.

           "Wow, look the rain  is over for now!"  Natsu says. He tries not to be too hurt that Lucy did not say a word to them about her injury before she went all pale on them and past out. He rips a piece off his shirt, dips it into water and ties it around the large area that looks like it has an infection on Lucy's  arm.  Then, he grabs her up.

         "Time to go, you heard her!"  Ezra says.

      "Aye, Miss Scarlet!"  Happy says.

       Ezra grins in spite of everything now that Happy is all set to go just as the others are right now.  "Well, in that case, we shall head on indeed." Ezra agrees.

        The four leave the cottage as Natsu carries Lucy in his arms this time.  The others notice he is very careful, so as not to drop her.  It is quite cute and romantic to them how much he cares for her even during this stressful time for them all.  

       The friends manage to travel for two whole hours.  Then, they take a quick pit stop so they can get some nourishment.  All of them need to eat after all, everyone except for Lucy who remains unconscious and appears to be unaware of what happens around her.  

      Ezra eats a salad, and some mozzarella cheese sticks, Happy has a fish sandwich which he shares with Melinda, and Nastu eats a bowl of cereal, and an apple.  When they finish they continue on the rest of the way back.  Soon they see the outskirts of town, thank goodness!  They thought they would never get back!  

      "What a relief, we are there at long last!"  Happy says. He tries not to show any concern for the girl who does not move or speak for the time being.  However, the others can tell he worries for her by the sad look on his face.

      "Yes, I can see that Happy!"  Ezra responds. She too worries for Lucy and can only hope they are not to late.  

       "Yeah, home at last.  Big deal!"  Natsu mutters more to himself than to anyone else in particular.  He believes the cause to be hopeless when it comes to his beloved Lucy and refuses to smile.  He can hardly stand it as he carries her the rest of the way down the long hill that leads to the entrance of the guild.  

       Melinda yawns, meows a bit, yawns some more than speaks up.  Melinda says, "Natsu, we all know how much you love Lucy!  However, that is no reason to be a complete grump.  I do believe she would not want to you behave in such a manner.  So, with that said, do try to cheer up a bit. At the very least, you can see if this Wendy person you all spoke about earlier is back from her mission. Who knows, maybe she is and perhaps then she can heal her!"   

      "Hmmfth, well you can not guarantee anything anymore than the others can so there cat.  With that in mind, why do you not just shut up or at least stop all that no it all stuff.  You do not know anything about what Lucy would want.  How could you?  Why you hardly know here at all!  If anyone knows what she is like it is me!  I am her boyfriend!"  Natsu retorts. It is clear he is not to happy that Melinda corrects his behavior or appears to know what Lucy could wish when it comes to anything.

    "I beg your pardon!  Do not speak to Melinda that way!"  Ezra says.

     Happy looks at Ezra in surprise.  He thought Ezra did not like Melinda, yet here she is telling Natsu off when it comes to his sore attitude towards Melinda.  Hmm, he thinks perhaps I was wrong and Ezra really does not mind Melinda that much after all.

      Melinda smiles.  She thinks, well turns out I was wrong.  Maybe the red head girl can be nice if she puts her mind to it.  She decides from them on out to do what she can to be less judgmental when it comes to the characters of those she meets here in the fairy tail world.  She might as well since she has no idea how long she will be here for anyway.  

     Ten minutes later they enter the guild together. The boss smiles when he sees them.  Then frowns when he sees Lucy.  "Is their an explanation to all this?"  The boss ask as Natsu sets Lucy down gently on a table.

      "Yes, she is badly ill."  Happy remarks.

      "It is exactly as Happy says, sir." Ezra replies.

    "I agree, she is badly ill because of some spider bite!" Melinda says.

     "The others are right she is sick. Is Wendy back yet?"  Natsu ask.

     "Yes, is she?  You see we believe she can heal Lucy here!"  Melinda tells the boss.

    to be continued in Chapter  13  Well, if that Does not Beat All?