Prologue: Happy is happy?

Happy is on a mission with Natsu and Lucy.  He is glad to be with them!  It makes he smile. He can tell these two get along well.  In fact they get along better now than they did when they first met years ago!  Happy thinks, do they like each other?  He wonders, what it would be like to have someone special in his life?

   Happy laughs when Natsu tells a joke.  He sees Lucy laugh  too.  Wow, he never knew she thought Natsu was so funny until now.  Apparently there is a lot he never took notice of until now.  He hears his stomach growl.  He is so very hungry.

   "Natsu, when will we stop for fish for lunch?"  Happy ask.

   "Happy we just ate breakfast over an hour ago!"  Lucy remarks.

    "Yes, so what does this have to do with it?"  Natsu and Happy says at the same time.

  "Honestly, you two ate two whole stacks of pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon and biscuits with gravy!  There is no way you could possibly need nourishment after all that food."  Lucy remarks with her hands on her hips.

  "Well, that just goes to show Miss Lucy how little you know about me and Nastsu!"   Happy replies.

  "We are always hungry!"  Natsu remarks.

 "Aye, I agree sir!"  Happy remarks.

 "Boys, will be boys!"  Lucy remarks.

     The three of them continue on with the mission when Happy sees a seafood shack.  Lucy rolls her eyes.  The last thing they need is for any of them to get caught up with food at a time like this. The job is way to important for such a silly thing as a pit stop just for a snack break. She pulls him away from it before he starts to drool.  She sighs a sigh of relief that Nastu has not seen it yet.

   Natsu, Lucy and Happy finally reach the destination.  They manage to get inside the place with no problems.  This might be easier they thought it would be at first.  Then again, who knows for sure?

    Two hours later...

     Nastu, Lucy and Happy are all sweaty, worn out, hungry and thirsty as ever.  The group travels until they reach the seafood shack for the second time that day.  Natsu pays for their meal.

   Lucy groans from embarrassment as Natsu and Happy try to out wit one another when it comes to how much food they consume.  She eats her own food in a more lady like fashion.  When she finishes she stands up and walks away.  

    The guys do not appear to notice until she is a mile away.   It is then that Natsu stands up full, Happy does the same and they leave in search for Lucy.  They find her a few minutes later.  

    "Hey, guys!  It took you so long to check up!"  Lucy remarks.

    "Sorry, Miss Lucy!  It is just we over ate."  Happy says

    "Yes, we sure did!"  Natsu remarks

    "So, I notice.  Just be sure if you get sick not to make a mess all over my new boots.  Got it?"  Lucy remarks.

      "Got it, Luce!"  Natsu says as he flashes her a big grin.

      "Aye, sir!"  Happy says.

     "Happy, I would hardly call Lucy a sir!  She is fine young lady!"  Natsu says.

     "Aye, Miss!"  Happy says.

     Lucy just laughs.  

       Happy smiles and thinks to himself no wonder Happy is so happy!

     to be continued in Chapter 1  Happy Goes Missing?