Chapter 18 part 2

AN EXCEPTION

Chris's POV

Love is like a thief, it robs you of all thought and logic, and all you have left is a heart that you can only pray is strong enough to survive the rest.

She was my heart . I know, Losing me will hurt; it will be the kind of pain that won't feel real at first, and when it does, it will take her breath away.

I was head over heels in love with her. No, that didn't describe it. I was tear my fucking heart out and throw it at her, beg her to take it into hers. I was falling from the greatest heights with no safety net below. I was giving everything of my own life for hers, giving up every inch of my soul so she could wear it proudly. I was a former king on my knees in front of the queen. A jester begging for a chance. I was powerless, helpless and at her mercy.

She deserves so much better than what I can give her. I don't, however, think she deserves better than me. I think she would be perfect for me and I would be perfect for her, but all the bad choices I've made in my life are what she doesn't deserve to be a part of.

I was lost in my thoughts, when reet called me and invited to the same park, where we go for stargazing.

As I reached there, I looked around, but she was no where to be found. There was a big screen. As I reached close to it, it started playing something. It was a message from reet -

Mr CHRIS NOAH LEVINE, You know why I want you? I didn't know I was lost until you found me. I didn't know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You're the one thing I've got right. You're what I've been waiting for.

Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?

The bottom line is that we never fall for the people we're supposed to.

You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.

People don't fall in love with each other because it's convenient. They fall in love because they fall in love, and that's it.

I'd rather be hurt all at once for a specific reason, than be hurt slowly every day.

You know, The first time you kissed me?That moment when your lips touched mine? You stole a piece of my heart that night.

You know when you told me about ischemia, at night I wanted to cry because I needed you there with me so bad. I knew in that moment that I was in love with you. I was in love with the way you loved me. When you wrapped your arms around me and held me, I knew that no matter what happened with my life, you were my home. You stole the biggest piece of my heart that night.

Now I want you to keep your eyes open...because I need you to watch me give you the very last piece of my heart.

I love you Mr CHRIS NOAH LEVINE!

I was in tears, when she hugged me from back. And said, " you finally get it."...
... "get what?"...
"That I'm yours... that you can take me... anywhere, anytime, anyway. That you own every piece of me. " she said kissing me.

"I know butterscotch. You know one day my dad said that One of these days you're going to fall in love, son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never! I promise butterscotch I will fight for us. " I said and we stood there hugging each other.
Right now we are here, and nothing can mar our perfection, or steal the joy of this perfect moment.

It was like I was home. For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.

Reet's POV

"Wait! I have a birthday present for you " Chris said as he lifted his T-shirt.

I saw a tattoo engraved on his back with our initials, R&C below which was written I AM YOURS & YOU ARE MINE.

At that moment , Nothing in the world was as beautiful to me as that tattoo, except the man bearing it.

"I don't get scared very often," he said finally. "I was scared the first morning I woke up and you weren't here. I was scared when you left me after that night . You know I saw a dream, in which I was scared when I saw you across the flames in the basement...I was terrified. I made it to the door, was a few feet from the exit, and I couldn't leave.
"What do you mean? Are you crazy?" I said, my head jerking up to look into his eyes.
"I've never been so clear about anything in my life. I turned around, made my way to that room you were in, and there you were. Nothing else mattered. I didn't even know if we would make it out or not, I just wanted to be where you were, whatever that meant. The only thing I'm afraid of is a life without you, butterscotch ."
I leaned up, kissing his lips tenderly. When our mouths parted, I smiled. "Then you have nothing to be afraid of. We're forever." I said.

"I once told you to leave and not to love me," he cried out, muffled. "I'm taking all of that back. Not because I deserve it or because I'm worthy of your love. But because I need it like the air I breathe. I need you. I need you to believe in me. I need your love to make me feel like I can be redeemed." he said.

"I will not, I will save your life you idiot! " I whispered to him.

"Butterscotch " he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, "you'll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the first day I met you" he said.

" you know, You're the light in all this madness. You're my light. I should have been with you..." The thought hit him as his face crumpled in amazement. "Oh God, why am I not with you?"
"Because you're an idiot," I said.

"I know you deserve better than me. You think I don't know that? But if there was any woman made for me...it's you. I'll do whatever I have to do, butterscotch . Do you hear me? I'll do anything." he said and hugged me.

It wasn't just me, and it wasn't just him, it was what we were together that was the exception.

He said I was his heart, and you don't leave your heart behind. You can't live without your heart.

So at that moment, I did what I felt right. I got down on one knee and asked him, "Will you marry me Mr CHRIS NOAH LEVINE? "

"You just asked me to marry you," he said, still waiting for me to admit some kind of trickery.
"I know."
"That was the real deal, you know. I just booked two tickets to Vegas for noon tomorrow. So that means we're getting married tomorrow night."
"Thank you."
His eyes narrowed. "You're going to be Mrs. Levine when you start classes on Monday."
"Oh," I said, looking around. Chris raised an eyebrow.
"Second thoughts?"
"I'm going to have some serious paperwork to change next week."
He nodded slowly, cautiously hopeful. "You're going to marry me tomorrow?"
I smiled. "Uh huh"
"You're serious?"
"Yep."
"I fucking love you!" He grabbed each side of my face, slamming his lips against mine. "I love you so much, butterscotch , I love you, Butterscotch. You have the most beautiful heart of anyone I've ever met. And maybe you feel like a mess sometimes, and life is a mess sometimes, but the way I see it, you're the beauty that came from the mess." he said, kissing me over and over.

At that moment Our fingers were in each other's hair, and his breath is in the hallow of my neck, and I wish the world would swallow us here, whole, in this moment. And that's when it hits me that this - this - is falling in love.

Writing this chapter was a tear jerker For me. I hope all of you enjoy it. These moments between Chris and reet are beautiful, but when you understand she chooses to be with him despite his illness, then these moments are magical.

Story is gonna be In next stage from next chapter's. Hope you guy's like it.

Please leave your precious votes and comments. Thanks -

~