Chapter 26

-

"Where to, madame?" Taehyung asks as I shut the door to his car. I glance at him in utter confusion.

"Aren't you supposed to plan out the date?" I muttered in a small voice, which unfortunately for me, Taehyung heard. He looked taken aback, leaning against his seat.

"I couldn't think of anything special or perfect enough to be with you, and so I spent so long thinking of what to do and I thought maybe letting you decide would be a good ideaー" A tint of red spreads itself on his pretty cheeks. I stare at his features, before parting my lips, 

"Let's go to the beach."

Taehyungs eyes widen at my sudden suggestion, glancing at the watch wrapped loosely around his wrist. "You sure? It's already 7:30, and the beach isn't that close. Won't your parents get worriedー"

He's right. My parents wouldn't let me go with someone unless I show them who it is. I sigh, removing my eyesight from his face and deciding to look out the window. 

I push open the car door before bending down to meet eyes with Taehyung once again. 

"Follow me."

-

"Mom. This is Taehyung." I introduce, presenting Taehyung with my hands as he awkwardly smiles.

"Yeah I know, he's the ex-husband that I arranged you to." She rolls her eyes, "Now will one of you tell me why in the world you guys are here together after the divorce?" She glares at us, but mostly at me, because we all know that parents treat all kids besides their own slightly better.

I nudge Taehyung, because if the words come out of his mouth, my mom would accept the situation better. He furrows his eyebrows, before quietly groaning. His eyes shake as his licks his dried out lips, leaving a glistening wet layer. 

"Um, so, you seeー" He secretly grabs my hand from behind him, and I silently gasp. His hands were slightly wet from sweat, and I'm confused as to why he's so scared. This was definitely not the fuckboy Taehyung that I know. 

"I think I have feelings for your daughter, and so I wanted to date her to make sure about my emotionsー"

My mom, despite loving Taehyung, grabs his collar. I cover my mouth with my hands. My mom, in her teen years, was well known for her black belt in Taekwondo. 

"Listen here you punk, what you're doing now is basically playing with my daughter's feelings," She pauses, looking at me. I attempt to read the emotions behind her eyes, but my mom was too closed to be read. 

"But I trust her to make her own choices. If this is what she wants, then so be it."

Immediately, Taehyungs eyes shine up as he pulls my mother into a hug, and she softly smiles, returning his cuddle. 

"But you can't go to the beach, I don't trust you enough, especially after you hurt my daughter in Singapore. I thought of you as a nice boy, but after that incident, not so much. So, I hope you can prove me wrong." She pulls back from his embrace, before walking off into the kitchen.

Taehyung and I look at each other in confusion, wondering why my mother left so abruptly. Our thoughts, however, were short term as she came back with a full bag in her hands.

"Hoseok says the hospital food hasn't gotten any better.  Care to bring this to him?"

-

"We have to bring that to your brother?" Taehyung questions, keeping his focus on the road. I nod, feeling a wrenching feeling clenching itself around my heart.

"Hoseok doesn't enjoy the food he's given at the hospital. Says it's crap." I let out a slight laugh. My baby Hoseokie, how long has it been since I've seen him? I was so caught up in my own problems, that I completely forgot about the daily visits I used to give Hoseok. Does he even know that I'm married, or technically, divorced?"

"You okay?" Taehyungs asks once he stops the car at a stoplight, finally being able to look at me. I simply nod, not wanting my voice to give up on me if I try to speak. I widen my eyes when I feel Taehyung grab my hand, which was laying on my lap. My heart feels as if it is on a soft cloud, floating hazily and making me slowly lightheaded.

"Um.."

"We're boyfriend and girlfriend for now, so this is normal." He cuts me off as if he already understands what I want to say.

I slowly nod at his reply, clenching my hand around his, feeling myself growing comfortable through his reassurance. 

"And you'll be ok. Don't worry."

-

Walking down the hallway of the hospital, the sudden aroma of medicine hit me.  An uncomfortable feeling develops in my stomach, and I feel sick. I remember every time I used to visit Hoseok, I always despised the smell, but pushed through it, just for him.

I gesture Taehyung to Hoseok's room number, and he nods, before slowly opening the door. The room was slightly lit up, but enough to make out the figures that walked in.

"Eunji...?" Hoseok croaks, overwhelmed after finally seeing his dear sister for so long. Immediately, I dash into his arms, burying my face into his chest. 

"I missed you so much," I sobbed, feeling the droplets of Hoseok's tears land on my head.

Taehyung watched them, feeling his heart weigh more than usual. It felt like someone punched him in the gut as he looked at Eunji, who was full of sorrow. Taehyung stared, realizing that he hated seeing her sad, and the smile that she flashes him made him feel such wonderful things. He wanted to savour all the things she made him feel, and wanted to be her shoulder when she was in need.

And that's when he realized.

He loves Jung Eunji

-

AKXHFSKDJFHKSDJH BTS WORLD COMES OUT IN 1 DAY BITCHES IM FINNA BE WRECKED !!! BTW WHOS MANAGERS ARE YALL, IM JIMINS 😌