Chapter 24

THANK YOU SM FOR 100K READS! IT MEANS SO SO MUCH FO ME!! AND SORRY IM A TAD BIT LATE <3

Also, thank you brokebutgucci for giving me motivation to post skskdnbd "if you post, Jungkook will come and fly through your window." note taken ;)

-

I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing at Jimin. Could it be Jisoo? I slowly pick myself up from the bed, my feet dragging themselves to my front door.

Kim Taehyung.

I take a step outside, still in my slippers, and shut the door behind me.

My heart squeezes at the sight of the stunning man standing in front of me. His hair was slightly ruffled, and his eyes were a little red.

"Explain." He demands sternly, sending me a rush of shivers. He holds up the divorce papers that I previously left in the table in the other house. Our house.

I straighten up my shoulders, attempting to convey my confidence. But far far down, I knew how much it hurt me. I loved him so much, but I understood that he loves Bomi. So, I have to leave him. It will be for the best, for the both of us.

I clear my throat, "What's there to explain? It says it right there," I point to the paper, "Divorce papers."

He glares at me before chuckling, "That's it? You're just gonna give up like that? What about hoseok? Who's gonna pay for hi-"

"Shut your mouth before I smack you so hard you won't wake up tomorrow." I burst, hating the fact that he was using Hoseok as an excuse.

He realizes his mistake, and his expression softens a little bit. "Fine but just..." he pauses, "Can you explain why? I thought we were gaining a bond and becoming friends? What happened? Is it because I stayed longer with Bomi? We're you scared to travel by yourself? If so, I'm sorry and I promise to make it up toー"

I cut his rambling short, "No. It's not that. Now if you don't mind, I have to get back to Jimin," I say, trying to escape the place right there and then, knowing that if I face him any longer, I would break into tears.

I turn back and grab the handle of the door, but Taehyung grasps my wrist, harshly turning me back.

I wince as I gaze at my wrist. It was slowly reddening. My eyes widen at his sudden rashness, and I shook off his hold of my arm.

"I-I'm sorry, Eunji that was an accidentー"

"Maybe it's best. That's why I wanted to cancel this fake persona of marriage. I'm tired of putting up a façade that everything is going okay and I'm fine with everything and anything. Taehyung, I love you. Is that what you wanted to hear? Always have been. And it hurts seeing you with Bomi. It hurts knowing that would never be me. But seeing you so happy with her... It's enough for me." I croak. I meet his eyes, and they only display bafflement and confusion.

"I-I don't know what to saー" he stutters,

"You don't have to. I know what you want, and what you truly need. So as of now," I take a deep breath, trying to suck in the tears fighting to escape my eyes,

"Goodbye Taehyung."

-

It's been 6 weeks since that incident, and I've been trying to avoid Taehyung in school. Thankfully, it was exam season, resulting in less frequent walks in the halls that leads to awkward eye contact.