Chapter 23

oh my god have fun in this chapter kids and stream boy with luv 💅🏻

-

Waking up to a sudden sound, I groan, peaking with one eye to view at the time.

6 am.

After attempting to adapt my eyes to the dark, I stare down the moving figure around the room. It was obviously Taehyung, who was trying hard to walk silently but failing miserably. Looking at his efforts almost made me feel bad for him. Poor kid.

"Why are you so late? And would you mind not stomping around like an elephant who is about to have diarrhea?" I  mumble, hinting a tone of frustration in my voice.

"Err," I see his figure stiff for a second, before relaxing and continuing his sentence, "You awake?"

I sigh as I open my eyes and pick myself up. I lean against the bed frame and turn on the lamp beside me. 

"I am now." I push my hair back, "What's up? We have a flight to catch tomorrow. Or technically, today. In likeー 2 hours." He looks at me, and I glimpse at the guilt that's slowly emerging in his eyes.

I furrow my eyebrows, "You are goingー" I pause, my voice slowly giving out,

"Right?"

He doesn't look into my eyes as he plays with his fingers and litters his gaze around the room. 

"Taehyung."

He stares at me, before approaching my side of the bed. "Listen," He begins before sitting down next to me. "I might have to stay here for a bit. Bomi is contemplating whether she should go back to Korea or not, and I can't just leave her. I need more time." He is examining my face, struggling to read the emotions that radiate my face.

"We've been here for a week, Taehyung, how could that not be enough time? If she really loved you, don't you think thatー"

He cuts me off, "She does love me! She just needs time to decide if she wants to move!" The rise of his voice takes me back, and I felt my eyes begin to water.

"If you really loved someone, you would do anything to make them happy." I muttered, looking away from his face. He sighs, massaging his temples.

"See, this is why I always hated this marriage arrangement. I always hated being lectured by stupid girls like you who know nothing about love or the situation that I'm going through." he hissed.

I look at him in disbelief before scoffing, "Yeah right, go off, pretending like you just know everything." Really, at this time and hour, I wasn't having any of his bullshit. He was getting on my nerves real bad.

"You know what, do what you want. I couldn't care less. I'm going home." I grunt, getting up from the bed and entering the bathroom. I made sure to slam the door extra loud. Before entering, I heard Taehyung's small whisper, 

"It's not like I asked you to stay."

-

Coming out of the bathroom, I examine the room for any sign of Taehyung. Looking at the bed, I notice his figure laying on it, passed out.

I move closer, eyeing his features.

What a perfectly sculpted man.

I take a last look at him before moving away.

I need to leave this place. But more importantly, I need to leave him. I finally faced the reality of the situation. He will never feel the same way. I needed to get myself together.

And the one way to do that wasー

-

[ A week later, Taehyung's point of view ]

Arm around Bomi, I smiled at her as she returned the expression, her eyes and nose wrinkling. My heart fluffed at her action, before pulling her closer and walking towards the exit. 

I called a taxi, before opening the door for Bomi and allowing her to drive off. Before spending time with me, she wanted to visit her family, as they haven't seen her ever since she's moved to Singapore.

I sighed looking at the sky. It felt a little bit lonely, as I was so used to having Eunji with me. 

I found my chauffeur and instructed him to drive to  ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ our house. Mine and Eunji's. Despite not having feelings for her, I considered her as one of my closest friends, alongside with Bangtan. Though, recently, I haven't had much contact with them

Arriving at my house, I left the car, not bothering to thank the driver. Once walking inside, the house felt rather empty, which was unusual since Eunji should be home. School already ended at this time. 

I recheck my clock, 6 pm. Yep, school ended.

Slowly taking off my shoes, my eyes scatter around the room, glancing around. My eyesight falls on a single piece of paper laying on the luxurious coffee table in the living room. 

"I don't recall leaving that there..." I mumble to myself, approaching the unknown sheet.

My eyes suddenly widen as I finally stand in front of it, being able to read what's on it.

DIVORCE CONTRACT.

-

[ Eunji's point of view, Her room (at her actual house with her parents) ]

"I can't believe you only told me this now."

I sigh, laying my head on my hands, pouting.

"Sorry Jimin, it's just that," I pause, "I didn't really know how to tell you." Tears begin to dwell my eyes. I couldn't hold them in anymore. I begin sobbing, gasping as a rush of emotions hit me.

"Oh my god, don't cry angel!" Jimin comforts, moving from the chair in front of me to sit beside me on the bed. He places his arms around me and soothes my back.

I told him everything that was happening. Even though I believed that holding it in would be better, sharing your problems helps after all. "Thank you, Jimin." I manage to croak out, before continuing to cry in his shoulders. 

I can't help out my brother with my hospital bill after all. But I knew there were other ways to pay for it, although it might take more time, it's better than putting myself through the pain of this horrible wedding.

"Eunji!" I hear my call and I quickly push Jimin away and wipe my tears with my sleeve. The door of my room opens, revealing my mother. The moment I came from Singapore, I told her that I didn't want to marry Taehyung. She agreed to a divorce, wanting only the best for me.

"Hello Jimin!" She greets, and then turns to me, "Someone is here to see you."

-