06 | the fridge

[definitely unedited]
06/17/19

adrien pawed at the evil door that had separated him from marinette. her eyes had been puffy, but a determined look had been placed on her face.

what caused her to act in such a way? what was it that made her lose her usual cheerful demeanor? she had said that it was because of chat noir's disappearance, but what was it to her? to her, chat noir was just a superhero. nothing more, nothing less. he had oh-so heroically saved her from evillustrator, but that was it. why had she acted like she had actually known and cared for chat? how did she know of his personality so well?

his thoughts had gone on and on and his pawing never stopped until plagg interrupted per usual.

"forget about that, kid. let's get some cheese!" plagg's conscience began pulling the cat vessel towards the kitchen, the smell of camembert and limburger now unbearable.

adrien sighed. his little investigation would have to wait. as of now though, he obeyed plagg and fully cooperated, the previous croissant apparently not being enough. his stomach growled with anticipation as he finally reached the fridge.

the fridge that was just about a million times bigger than him.

plagg groaned. "my cheese~"

"oh, shut up, plagg," adrien thought. "we'll get that cheese." the cat looked up at the fridge with a fiery look, his need for the cheese growing ever so strong.

"i'll get that cheese if it's the last thing i do," the two said at the same time.

with his claws out, chat pounced onto the counter and made his way up, eventually finding himself at the fridge handle. his paw reached for the handle and he pushed it forward, hoping that it would open.

but it didn't.

he made his way up to the top of the fridge and sat there, pondering for a few moments on how he would open the fridge.

if ladybug were in a situation like this, how would she get the fridge to budge? adrien thought, but his mind wandered further out.

what was ladybug doing right now? how was she doing with the news of her missing partner? was she coping well?

with thoughts such as these, he blamed himself for getting into this kind of trouble, whatever had happened. just how did he get into this kind of situation?

"shut up and get me that cheese, kid," plagg said, which shook adrien out of his trance. ladybug would have to wait. as of now, his stomach was calling to him, and hell yes, he was going to answer that calling.

adrien looked around the room for an object that could possibly help him in getting the fridge open. his eyes scanned around the room until his eyes spotted a crocheting basket full of yarn. his kwami's side of him went haywire, but adrien managed to think of an idea before he could pounce onto the yarn.

he skillfully hopped off of the fridge and made his way across the kitchen to the basket full of thick yarn. he rotated a ball of yarn until he found the end where the loose string had begun. he grabbed the string and made his way to the counter so that he could reach the handle of the fridge. looping the yarn around the handle with his small paw, adrien repeated the process many times and eventually jumped down to stick the yarn string back into the ball. (a/n: sorry i don't make any sense lmao)

biting down on the yarn, adrien picked it up and strugglingly walked backwards so that the string would pull the fridge door open. with all his strength, he tried again and again until the fridge finally busted open.

chat meowed in delight. hanging out with ladybug must have rubbed some smartness onto him after all.

his nose came into action as it carried him to the intoxicating smell of limburger and a bit of camembert. he hopped into the fridge and searched thoroughly, unknowingly knocking all sorts of things over. finally he found the stack of cheese. gently biting into the cheese, he carried it down to the floor and set it down, looking at it lovingly. he opened the wrapped cheese with his logical human side of him and happily chowed down, not noticing the sound of the front door opening.

•••

marinette drew her brows together, looking at the floor thoughtfully. how would she get the book back from hawkmoth if she didn't even know the identity of the masked villain?

the sound of the fridge beeping distracted her thought. why was it even open? her parents had gone to set up the bakery already, seeing as business hours were about to begin.

she carefully walked to the kitchen, fist clenched in case she had to fight. she peeked through the empty doorway to see a surprise.

the floor was littered with cans of food, snacks, sweets, and bottles of beverages. glass decorated the floor near the fridge and other furniture, but in the middle of it all, a black cat sat happily eating something on the floor. cheese.

"chat noir!" marinette yelled in fury. the cat froze and tensed up, his shoulders going up in a defensive position and his fur rose.

slowly, chat looked back at his owner, eyes wide and full of mischief and fear. he meowed innocently.

"what the heck! how... what happened here?!"

the cat left his pile of half eaten cheese and went up to marinette, rubbing his head on her leg.

she sighed, shoulders slumping. "okay, okay. we'll have to clean this place up before my parents arrive. shouldn't be too bad. we've got a couple of hours before the bakery clo—"

as if on cue, the door clicked open and in came sabine and tom.

"marinette honey, we forgot the..." her mother scanned the room. "... whisks."

•••

the dupain-cheng's sat in the living room, a serious atmosphere surrounding the room. it was quiet and spooky. chat noir sat in the middle of the room where the couches had surrounded.

finally, the tense silence was broken. but, what had been said by tom had only made the room more gloomy and sad.

"we can't let him stay here."

•••

hey! thanks for reading my story! so i recently made a new cover for this book because i was bored, and when i put it in, it cropped the sides out. i tried to fix it but I couldn't, so imma just show it here.

 i tried to fix it but I couldn't, so imma just show it here

make a wish and light up that star!