Chapter 93: Let onee-san reward you with a hug and a Knighting!

Start from the beginning

Because, like everybody else, she really is just like the Knights in the legends and stories of my world.

She gives me hope.

They give me hope.

And you too, my love.

Hearing your voice and knowing that you are here with me heals me.

That is why I can't give up.

That is why I will keep the vow I made to myself in the space between spaces and keep moving forward while carrying that weight, my burdens.

"You...I want to embrace you so much right now, Auros!"

Me too, Nerinne! I can't wait to see you in the castle!

But this chapter of yours and Erevain's route is not finished, right?

"Fufufu~~, indeed. The closing event is coming, dear. But before that..."

We need to share our victory with everyone, right?

"Yes."

Great, because I think Bellary can help with that.

"Let us speak as we walk, Bellary. What is it that you wish to inform me?"

"Yes, My King. We have laid waste to the part of the army that our King entrusted us and the undead that remained have all but vanished thanks to that ancient power."

Says Bellary in that nice but strong feminine voice that she has. By the way, now that the battle has ended and there is more silence, I can notice that there is a light echo to it. It's pretty cool.

"As expected, you have proved yourselves. Thus, as of this moment, you are my Wild Hunt, my Riders of the Storms, my path shall be your path. Let us walk it together."

I glance at Bellary while saying that and she does a respectful nod before...hm?

Did she smile for a moment or was I imagining it...?

"It shall be our pleasure, oh King of Storms."

"Umu."

I respond with a respectful nod of my own and...wait...where are the rest of the riders? And her horse? Let's ask her that.

"Now, tell me, where are the other Riders?"

"They are with me, My King. We concluded that only one of us needed to maintain corporeal form."

"Hooh~~, fascinating. Then the rest are in spiritual form waiting to be called, I suppose?"

"Correct, My King."

She nods once again as she says that. Although, her expressions are difficult to read beyond her respectfulness...maybe it's because her face had been a skull until very recently?

But my instinct is telling me that there is something else she wants to tell me, but she is holding back.

"If you so wish, you can assume spiritual form too. I shall call on you whenever I need your presence."

"...! Yes, My King. I shall take my leave then."

Color me wrong but before she lowered her head in reverence, said that, and disappeared in a humanoid shaped stormy cloud, she showed a clear expression of surprise.

Also, that humanoid shaped stormy cloud just finished flowing into my Ring of Primordial Storms, whose eyes are now glowing as if telling me that my Wild Hunt is this close to me.

Still, I wonder why she wanted to leave.

"It has been a long time since they were summoned into this world and an even longer time since they had flesh. So, she and the other riders probably want some time to process it all. And it's all thanks to you."