Chapter 1

When the dark night passes, a bright morning will come
When tomorrow comes, the bright light will shine so don't worry

Y/N POV

"Y/N sweetie, are you sleeping?", my mother called after she opened my bedroom door.

I awake from my slumber, only to be irritated by the light from my desk lamp, it shone brightly onto my eyes making me groan.

"I took a short nap, what time is it mum?" I replied.

"It's 10:40 pm, you should get some rest and study for your finals tomorrow. The business party was really long, I'm sorry for not telling you in advance but your father and I needed to go for an urgent matter".

I had hosted, visited and planned many parties in my life, but soon got tired from meeting the same cynical and narrow-minded people every time. Don't get me wrong, I did try my best to fit in and enjoy the extravagant occasions, but found it tiresome having to constantly change as a person and conform into a world that I didn't belong in.

"Did you happen to eat anything?" my mother asked.

"No, and it's okay, I'm not that hungry", my jaw dropped and my eyes suddenly widen from what my mother was holding on her hand.

"Well, I guess nobody wants to eat this delicious raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake with me, I'll just eat it by myself", my mother was just about to leave until I screamed, "WAIT FOR ME!! I AM HUNGRY NOW!!".

I sprinted to the kitchen and sat on the black kitchen stool. My mother giggled and grabbed two forks from the kitchen drawer. I peeked inside the golden Kraft paper bag which revealed three separate slices of cheesecake. I was excited to finally eat one of my favourite desserts, especially with my mother.

I tilted my head slightly and raised my eyebrows, thinking about what was missing.

"Mum, is father still at the party?", she nodded and sets out two plates.

She said, "He won't be back till tomorrow morning. Now then let's enjoy this, do you want to watch a horror movie with me while we eat".

I excitedly hop off my stool and reply "to the home theatre!!".

The next day at 7:30 pm

Y/N POV

I was dressed wearing a light green sweater with blue jeans and white Puma sneakers. I added an antique hand watch, which had silver diamonds embedded around it to complete the casual look.

After I finished combing my hair and packing my school bag, ready for the last day of high school until the final exams start, I made a warm cup of green tea ready to start the day.

Soon one of the housemaids called out to me. "Y/N breakfast is ready".

I paused and replied, "it's okay, I'll take breakfast on the go". She smiled and walked away. I grabbed a fruit salad packet from the fridge, closed my mug filled with tea and grabbed my car keys just in time to leave.

Just as I was about to enter into my black matte Hyundai SUV, I saw a group of guys walking in unison past the gate of my house.

One of them turned their heads and made eye-contact with me but I quickly entered my car and ducked under my wheel realising that he was one of my classmates. I closed my eyes and hid for a few minutes. As I looked back up, I saw that they were gone.

"Phew, thank goodness", I said. I started the car engine and drove past the gate.

Just as I was about to turn the volume up on the radio and make a left turn, I heard somebody shout my name. I turned my head towards the sound.