Five

Yeosang

Seagulls call out noisily, that was the first noise he heard. He feels a rush of water coming up from his stomach, and throws it up. He coughs, the water leaving his stomach and making it easier to breath as he looks around at the small beach he resided on.

The waves were crashing against the shore loudly and actually made him feel at ease. The questions that swirled his mind though, where was he? How did he get here? What happened? When he stands, he feels something heavy on his neck and touches what felt like a leather collar, a pendant dangling in the middle. He tore the collar off and looks at the pendant, "Yeosang."

Yeosang. Must be his name.

He throws the collar into the ocean and walks up the sand dunes and towards the small bundle of trees that crowded the island. He looks around, feeling his stomach growl and knowing he needed food. And water. And shelter. It was going to be a long night.

One night turned to a week. One week turned into a month. A month turned into a year. A year of being on the island by himself, with no hint of how he came to get here on this island or where he came from. The clothes he wore were rags, torn around the neck of his shirt and the bottoms of his pants.

He had gotten use to talking to himself, and the fish he cooked and ate, and the seagulls. Pretty much anything to make conversation. He learned quite a bit of things about himself though, not of where he comes from or anything like that to jog his memory, but things like he's an excellent swimmer. He has pink hair, something that caught his attention when he bathed in a small ocean spring. His own reflection was even a stranger. He didn't like the pears the island grew. He wasn't too fond of lazing around really. He always had to keep busy, always had to have something to do.To make time go by quicker, he often sang songs he made up in his head, whether it's for fun or when he's feeling lonely.

One day he was sitting on the rocks by the shoreline, when he sees in the distance a ship sailing towards his island. He frowns, unsure of if they were sailing by or if they were sailing towards him. Either way, that didn't stop him from standing on the slippery rocks and waving his shirt and pants in the air. Not caring he was naked, he waves them around like crazy and screams at the top of his lungs.

The ship made a sudden turn towards him, and he smiles, running to the shoreline and gathered his spear and his knife he made with a sharp rock, a large tree branch, and some twine. He continues to wave, even after the ship stops close to the shoreline, even as a small sail boat rows towards the island.

Once they're close, Yeosang stops and stares at them. They were both young, around his age, a man that was a little bit shorter than him approaches him. His blonde hair was cut into a mullet cut, the other man aiding him had dark blue hair as he approached Yeosang slowly.

Yeosang was suddenly shy, smiling a little, "H-Hi."

The man with the blonde mullet tilts his chin up, studying Yeosang with piercing eyes and turns to look at the man with blue hair, who was taller than both, "He'd be perfect for manning sails."

Mingi let's out a breath of relief, "I hate manning sails. As long as I don't have to do it anymore I'm fine with that."

The shorter grunts, looking at Yeosang once more, "What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

"I don't know," Yeosang shrugs, "I woke up a year ago throwing up water on the shoreline. I had no memory of who I was until I took this collar off of me with the name 'Yeosang' on it. I can only assume it was my name."

"You don't have any memory of what happened to you? Or how you ended up here on this island?" The blue haired man asks, arching his eyebrow.

"Nope," Yeosang shakes his head, "All I know is I woke up on this island throwing up sea water."

The blue haired man looks at the shorter man that came with him, "Shipwreck?"

"Had to have been, for his memory to be wiped away like that he must have either drowned and washed up on the beach or his ship wrecked and he swam here and over exhausted himself," the mullet man responds, not taking his eyes off of Yeosang.

The blue haired man grunts, looking at the ship and then back at the mullet man, "Let's take him with us."

"What? And have another mouth to feed?" Mullet man responds, "We already have you, me, Seonghwa, and Yunho. We can't afford anymore people to feed and provide living for."

"Hongjoong, if he stays here the island will eventually be swallowed by water as well. He'll die," the taller replies, looking at Yeosang, and frowning, "Hey, he's wearing the slaves clothing."

Hongjoong grunts and doesn't respond, thinking it over and Mingi scoffs, "Come on, he was a slave. He can do more than man sails," the giant speaks once more, looking at the sky, "If you don't take him, I will."

"Or you can stay on the fucking island with him," Hongjoong snarls, fighting over the debate in his head as he thinks of the consequences of taking on another mouth.

"Please, I can help you gather supplies!" Yeosang suggests, pointing to the trees, "There's plum trees, mango trees, pineapple trees, and pear trees here that grow pretty well and produce a lot of fruits. I can hunt you some giant crabs. I can even help hunt you a couple squirrels and turtles for meat?"

Hongjoong and the giant look at one another, Hongjoong nods at him and looks at Yeosang, "Lead. If you even think about running or trying to lead us to a trap, we'll skin you alive and leave you for the seagulls."

Yeosang gulps, nodding his head as he leads them into the tiny forest. They gathered many fruits, and a few vegetables. Yeosang jumped into a small pond filled with fresh water, and came out with two turtles for them to cook up and eat. Mingi shot down a couple squirrels with his bow and arrow, slugging then over his shoulder along with some fruit and they carry them all to the small boat.

"Since I helped you gather supplies, am I going with you?" Yeosang asks as he watches Mingi settle in the boat.

Hongjoong follows, patting the boat, "It's your call kid, you wanna join us? You better hop on this boat or you're stuck here with fewer resources."

Yeosang nods, rushing into the water and climbing into the crowded boat with the other two. When they get to the bigger ship, Mingi whistles and a giant net was thrown down to pull up the fruit and supplies. Hongjoong climbs up the anchor, and Yeosang watches with a frown as Mingi ties the boat up before it begins lifting in the air.

It takes a bit, but when it's finally up high enough, Mingi throw the bags up to someone and after they catch the last one, he points to the anchor chain, "Hope you can climb."

Yeosang swallows, watching as the giant climbs the chain as if its the easiest thing he's ever done and he does it every day. Yeosang follows, trying not to look down as he pulls himself up and over the railing.

He heard a gasp, and turns to see two new members staring at him with wide eyes. One had dark hair and hazel eyes, the other with platinum blonde hair and the brightest blue eyes you've ever seen. Yeosang shies away, the blonde stepping forward to study him, seeing his clothing and frowning, "Who did you belong to?"

"I..." Yeosang replies, "I don't know."

The blonde nods, smiling softly as he takes his hand, "Let's get you out of those clothes and into new ones, those will be perfect to keep the fire going tonight after dinner."

~~~~

Written by @jinjin0309