Chapter 2

Narrator's POV

  "Let's get down to business." Mr. Kim said as he sat down on the head chair and wiped his face with his handkerchief.

   The both sides of the long table fell silent as they waited for their leader to speak. Still, they knew how hard this was for him. His son was DEAD. His wife, sitting at the first seat on the left, sniffled and wiped her eyes with her sleeves. She looked at her husband with teary eyes, and he took her hand from under the table, giving it a gentle squeeze before speaking.

   "As you all know, the leader of the Korean Black Hybrid have seemed to unfortunately pass away." He took a deep breath in, biting his lip to hold back his tears, then exhaled and resumed. "My son was an excellent leader, and a perfect person has to fill his shoes.

   As it is our custom, the right hand man or child of the former leader is the one who leads next. Taehyung didn't have a child, and Silnae has lost her memory. My son didn't have a right hand man, he had a group of right AND left hand men whom he relied on for everything.

    One of you should be the next leader." He pointed at Bangtan. "So, I called you all here today to discuss what you think we should do to select a leader."

    Bangtan, who were sitting on the left hand side of the table, started a low discussion among themselves. After a few minutes, the eldest raised his hand.

  "Yes Jin?" Mr. Kim asked expectantly.

  "We all voted on Namjoon, boss." Jin said and Mr. Kim nodded with an approving look. "What about the rest of you?" He asked, looking at the right hand side of the table. "Are you okay with that?"

   The rest of the meeting gave their approval. Namjoon stood up and said, "Taehyung was a great leader, a great person and brother. Losing him was a tragedy for all of us, and I'm privileged to take his place. I promise I'll do my level best for this mafia, never giving up on any of them. And when Silnae is ready, I'm more than okay to step down and give her my title if she wants it."

   The table erupted into applause and Mr. Kim stood up and said, "So I now present the leader of the Korean Black Hybrid, Kim Namjoon!"

                       *          *          *     
  After the meeting, Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Mingwan and Naehee stood outside the Kim Corporations building.
  "So, my brother is the new leader, huh?" Naehee said as she slightly nudged Namjoon on the shoulder. "Congrats."

   He just smiled. Because he knew that he was filling up for the place that his best friend had. Having a new leader just confirmed that Taehyung was dead, and the fact that he's the one who shows this to everyone pained his heart.

   Jin put a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay." He whispered in Namjoon's ear. "We will all get over this." Namjoon nodded and Jin moved back, patting Namjoon's back.

   "You guys wanna see Silnae?" Mingwan asked the group, who erupted into many nods and 'of course'. He chuckled before getting in the car and driving off, the three others cars following him to see his cousin.
                    *            *           *

"Sil!!!!" Hoseok yelled as he ran into her room and flung himself at him. "Hey Hobi." She gave a small smile, but didn't return the hug. Hoseok was a bit disappointed, but he was used to it. She had amnesia, for fucks sake, how can he expect her to be comfortable already?

"Hey girl, how are you?" Hungshi asked and Silnae nodded. "I'm okay."

That's it. That's all she ever said when they asked her how she was.