Entry- 4 / / Closed

Give marks to each of the five story out of 10 otherwise your marks won't be counted.

Voting is closed now.

●◆●

Summertime Ardour
(Summer)

~ 'One of the things about summer was that each day we had more light to read by.' ~

~*~*~*~*~*~*

I let out a sigh, an exaggerated, contented sigh, sitting on my usual study desk, as my pupils wandered the beautiful nature, in my front.

I was supposed to study right now. My mum had given me a long lecture today in the morning that I really need to work harder in my final exams, and that's where I cut off the idea of doing anything else but open my study books and scan my eyes over them.

But honestly, that wasn't what I bother doing the most at this moment.

For all I know is, this season has engulfed me dearly in it's open arms.

And that is why, I decide to write a letter instead, where I wished to express my thoughts and those collywobbles I get when I witness the new season in it's glory, in few words.

Dear Self,

I still remember how I have my final exams to prepare for, but honestly, fascinate me, because at this moment, all I want to do is just cherish this moment where I am pleasing myself with the idea of involving myself into what I see around me.

Summer has begun. 'Summer season', with other name is called 'youth'. Phase after the spring, before the autumn, and a light of hopes and dreams.

When I look outside the window, all I can see is, the trees have grown new leaves again, which are shining so brightly under the sunshine. Oh, enchantè! The idea of these buds, absorbing those golden rays of sun and blossoming to become beautiful flowers has left me bewildered with enchantment.

Every living being is in it's glory. Birds building their nests, chirping and tweeting around. The sunrays falling on my page, giving my letter a brighter appearance, and also the temperature that seemed rising at its acme, gratified me.

When I soulfully felt this season, I realised how summer can be so significant in it's own way. When I meticulously saw those young plants getting those golden sunrays and growing up slowly, I finally felt the elegance of summer. This has something new awakened inside of me, a thought of my journey from being a youth, as in summer, to a fully blossomed young adult like autumn, that's what summer is symbolised to be.

Summer, for me, is a ray of hope. A beacon-light that rises high upon us, telling us that we still have so long to go.

"Sweetie! I thought you were studying? What are you working that long passage for?!" My mom shouted and I had almost forgotten that from terrace she could look down at me.

How do I let her know that I wasn't studying and writing pages on my feelings on summer! I haven't studied a single paragraph of my science textbook, and the realisation makes me curse myself.

Well, damn!

●◆●

Crestfallen Salvation
(Autumn)

There's something excruciatingly nostalgic and melancholic about Autumn. From childhood, autumn has always filled me up with despair and lachrymose.