Entry - 3 / / Closed

Give marks to each of the five story out of 10 otherwise your marks won't be counted.

Voting is closed now.

●◆●

"A Quick Dip"
(Summer)

"All you do is resting at home the whole day! It's me who's doing all the hard work outside this summer, and that too while fasting!" Fidaa recalled his teasing words with a witty smile.

Sighing she wiped away the sweat on her forehead as she stirred the dal subconsciously. Before she was able to finish preparing the breakfast for her sick mother-in-law, she was all drenched in sweat.

"Can't you hear the child crying?!" She was startled when her mother-in-law shrieked. That made her rush towards the cradle to ease her little toddler.

Next to that, for the whole day the little brat was in her mom's arms as she was too stubborn to get down. But Fidaa was not complaining at all. She did all the chores. She cleaned, washed the dishes and even did the laundry with the little one, hence being busy the whole day.

After finishing her chores, she headed to kitchen to prepare the meals for the iftar as the family would be tired and hungry after sunset. The faster she made the food the less they would need to wait.

"Beta when would Afroz return?!" Her mother-in-law asked worried as it was almost time for iftar. "He might be on the way!" She replied as she arranged the cooked food on the table.

Splashing her face with water and wiping away the sweat, she cleaned her hands and legs as well. No use for this anyways as another entry for minutes inside the kitchen and I am going to be drenched all over again, she thought as she wiped her face with towel.

"Where is the water?" Afroz complained as everyone sat down. Fidaa tried to get up to help but was stopped by him.

"Wait, let me fetch it!" He replied with a warm smile seeing her struggling to get up, finding her tired as much as he was. Fidaa smiled thankfully as he stood up to fetch the water.

He entered the kitchen closing the door and stopped suddenly. He smiled as he saw his family through the glass door laughing and chatting with each other. But apart from that he felt something else. It was the heat of the place where he was standing in. Empty stomach and tired body made that even more agitated. Few minutes in there he found himself suffocating on the heat. Taking a long breath he started to walk towards his family and sat besides his wife with a guilty face.

A soft spongy touch of the white cotton shawl on his forehead with the lovely smile of the beautiful angel besides him made him culpable of his deeds.

"All you do is resting at home the whole day! It's me who's doing all the hard work outside this summer, and that too while fasting!" He regretted his words.

Its ramdan, but it's also summer! It's not easy for anyone, without love!

●◆●

"Our Sweet Little Meeting."
(Autumn)

It was the last hour of fall season. The alluring sunset filled the sky with exotic hues of red & orange. The path, shadowed under the big maple trees, was deluged by the showers of auburn leaves. The birds were chirping melodious songs in their nests , to which trees were dancing by swaying in mellifluous winds.

Autumn was fermenting cheerfulness in air, mesmerising senses with its enrapture play..

But In midst of this play, Snow, a beautiful girl, clad in an oceanic coloured gown, carrying her dress in fists, was striding fast. Her fragile crystalline stilettos, stomping on puckered leaves, filled crackling sounds in air. Her blue glittering orbs, were fixated on the path, not paying any heed to that exorbitant play.