A Letter Tells All

Chapter 7: A Letter Tells All

*Im back taking a break on school and going to write this and finish the Maddie and Doug storyline and work on new letter for POstables to investigate *

Shane and Oliver made it to the church to meet Maddie on time they saw Maddie up on the church stage singing her part of her duet with Oliver which Oliver has yet made attempt to invite her or the rest of the team to his performance with Maddie. When Maddie saw Oliver she stop singing rushed towards him to give a hug.

"You made it, Oliver, I was just practicing and I want to rehearse one last time with you before Sunday. "

When Maddie and Oliver broke from their hug Maddie notice Shane looking at them. Then Maddie had a hunch,

"Oliver, is this her? Shane?"

"I am Shane" she waves to Maddie "nice to meet you Maddie."

"Well, Oliver, I must I am happy I pray someone like shane has brought some meaning back into your life again."

"Maddie, please shane knows just special is already, beside me and Ms. McIenery and I out here on business. "

Oliver looked at Shane motioning her give him Maddie's letter, as Oliver reached for the letter their hands overlap on to each other. Maddie notice the Sparks between them it reminded her of her and Doug the way she felt with him when he held her. Maddie tried her best to keep together and not cry. But when Oliver and Shane broke away from each other's grasp and Oliver handed her letter she bawled she sank onto the floor Oliver motioned towards Maddie but Shane grasp him stopping him as she wanted to help.

Shane got down her knees hugged Maddie tight told her,

"'Maddie,"

" Why? Why? Does hurt so much loving someone so much? Who may not love you back? Tell me, Shane please?"

Shane tells Maddie "It is does not have to hurt unless you want to Maddie believe I know has the same feelings for someone I care about but I so scared of getting hurt and rejected that I kept those feelings hidden those feelings ate me because the man already had someone so I let him go."

"I'm sorry, shane "

Oliver was curious if Shane was about him but he didn't want to infer so he knelt beside shane and Maddie. Oliver added

"Maddie, if you love pastor Doug don't hold back you only live once. Don't waste it by keep your feelings hidden inside open your heart."

Maddie sighed, Oliver got up off his knees held out his hand and said to Maddie, "Maddie give me up and open your heart me and Ms. McIenery will be here for every step of the way."

Maddie grab on on Oliver's hand lift her up as they hug Maddie whispers thank you after breaking away Oliver helped up Shane on her feet as. They watch Maddie walk towards pastor Doug's office but Maddie stopped turned face Oliver and Shane and yelled,

"Don't wait up, I will you both on Sunday for church service and Oliver I will be ready to sing with you on Sunday."

Maddie walked away to pastor Doug's as she grasp on to her love letter. Shane look Oliver with a curious look on her face as she asked,

"You and Maddie are singing a duet this Sunday."

Oliver cough clearing his throat knowing what he had to do now. But the reason he invite the team and especially Shane because he was nervous in singing in front of people as he was already. But there no choice now he had invite shane and the team or Shane would never heard the end of it. He sighed and asked in the most polite manner.

"Shane, along with norman and rita would you like to hear me sing this Sunday morning at my church."

Shane smiled happy that Oliver finally invited her to hear him as she was always a curious to hear his voice which she already expects to be heavenly after all he speaks like an angel. So shane without hesitation accepted Oliver's invitation.

Two days later, Sunday morning

It was Oliver's big day as Shane to look her Sunday best by wear light green dress with matching scarf. She pulled up to the church in her cab she was search for money to rummage from her purse to give to the cab driver. After finally, grabbing the cash she handed it to driver but the driver said,

"No worries, miss, your fare has been taking care of."

Confusing as to already to who paid her fare but came no surprise as Oliver open her cab door and help Shane out of the car. As Oliver said,

"Gentlemen, like myself was happy to offer to pay for fare Ms. McIenery but it would save you some money if you just ask me to pick you up."

"Oliver, I thought you might need some extra practice with Maddie. And besides you been waiting a good for me to get ready as you can see. "

" I do indeed see Ms. McIenery, I see you stunning. "

Shane trying not to blush but in return complemented to Oliver,

"You look handsome, yourself Mr.O'Toole."

Oliver offer his Shane accept as they walked into church they were greeted by Maddie who was glowing eager to inform them and thank them for insisting to her confessing her feelings to pastor Doug. After leaving shane and Oliver, Maddie read the letter out loud to pastor Doug. After reading the letter pastor Doug embrace her kissed on the cheek took her hands and ask her out on a date which she gleefully accepted.

After catching up with Maddie, Oliver and Shane met with Norman and Rita. Pastor Doug making is through congregation to inform Oliver,

"Oliver it is soon time."

Oliver sighed closed his eyes as got this nervous pit in his stomach as Shane knew him to well to see Oliver was nervous. So she gave him words of encouragement.

"Oliver, there is no need to be nervous, me, Norman and Rita are here to support you. "

"Shane, is right Oliver, you are the bravest person I have ever known you can do this." Rita added

"Oliver, you are leader and we are your loyal supporters. Here is ease your sprits up." Norman said

"You see we love you, Oliver, all of us are proud that you are our leader now go make us POstables proud."

Oliver smiled and said "Thank you" walked up stage along with Maddie. The music of "Turn Around" by Anthem Lights. Oliver and Maddie in unison and in harmony and as they were they were share secrete glances at the people they love, Maddie glancing at Doug and of course, Oliver smiling at Shane

New chapter, new letter and new theme it is Halloween time be patient will have new chapter ready by Halloween.