Letting Go of the Past Part 2 Full Chapter

Letting Go of the Past Part 2 Full chapter

After leaving the DLO, Oliver was overcome with emotion. Why does the past always seem to haunt him. Closing his eyes he prayed silently. Then all of the sudden during his prayer he recited scripture
Matthew 5:16, 23 In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven. "So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you?
He didn't notice shane enter holding his bible, that he always have in work desk for safe keeping during when he out and she always her curious always lead to read some scripture and she bookmark and open the same scripture Oliver was reciting he was about to reach her favorite scripture in Mathew she ended up reciting with him.
Matthew 5:24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.

Oliver wiping his tears turn around to see Shane with his bible open in her hands he was stunned for first time had no words. Shane smirked and sighed,
"I have to confess something, Oliver. I hope you don't mind my curious always gets the best of me, from time to time while you were out on assignment or lunch would look for your bible and read it and umm. I have quiet grown fond reading it learning more about what you believe in."
Oliver took a breathe and said, "I'm glad Miss. McIenery. Forgive me for leaving so abruptly. I was just so..."
" You don't need to explain Oliver. I understand things are changing. Looks like God, has finally answered your prayers. Holly has returned."
"She has but Mrs. McIenery that wasn't my prayer."
"Then what was your prayer."
"If you don't mind that is between me and God."
"Right, Oliver, do you mind if I show somewhere I go to clear my head."
"I would to but we to get to work maybe later."
"Maybe later then."
Shane watching Oliver head back to the DLO office she sat and read one more scripture before returning to work
Matthew 5:33: 'When you make a vow, you must not break your promise. Keep the vows that you make to ."
Oliver instructed Norman and Rita to recover any address on the envelop while Oliver asked Shane to find to look. Id number on the divorce papers to find the name of the sender and sendee.
Luckily they found the sender shane was trace back the letter to Joetown's restaurant Oliver thought it would if he go on his own to met joe to before delivering the letter to his wife. Shane pleaded if she could go before Oliver wasted no time as he rushed out to DLO door.
Shane sighed as needed to think and go be with herself so she and she noticed Rita was making googlie eyes at him.
So she thought why get the break she need for her and Rita's sake.
Shane said, "Since my job is done, I am going to my break, can two handle the front on your own."
Rita turned, rushed towards to Shane,
"Wait, you are going to leave me alone with him?"
Shane sighed and trying to encouraging her,
"Rita, you'll be fine, just ask norman to show you how to recover an address scienfictly." She pats Rita on the shoulder and leaves
Rita turns watching Norman working on recovering any address. Rita was curious to know norman his scientific brains works smiling at the fact he was dress as some kind of doctor or mad scientist. She was crazy in love with him. But how could she put herself out there when it is apparent to her that he just might not feel the same. But wait she was Miss's special delivery Norman told she a unsquashable bug and she was going to let her fear of rejection squash her.
Rita slowly walks by Norman's side taps him on the shoulder. Norman jumps, turns to see Rita as she asks,
"Can you show me how to recover an address?"
"Sure, hold on" Norman went to his desk went a cabinet, open got out white coat but not any white coat. Norman spread out helps her put it her the she notices some a stitch engraving with her name red stitching on the right pocket and two other engravings with blue stitching "#POstables: Professional photographic memorizer."
"Oh, Norman, you shouldn't have."
"It was must, everyone has one just in case they were curious. But I am happy you were first curious one." Norman smiled,
"You remembered, #POstables,"
"I am not have photographic memory but always have fond memories of your cleverness and that name #POstables was very clever." Norman adds
Rita is seriously, blushing red. She knew more than ever Shane was right he had feelings for her maybe it was the time for her to say it so she asks before saying anymore.
"Norman can you tuck my sleeves I don't to ruin the coat, "
Norman gulps but replies, "Of course" then he instructs her, "turn around."
She turns around holds her hands he starts folding her sleeves Norman is touching Rita's smooth skin. Norman was nervous he resisting any eye contact with Rita. Rita's remain on him noticing for the first time Norman felt the same way. So she ask softly,
"Norman?"
No response still no eye contact
She tried again, "Norman, look at me, there is something I need to tell you. "
He sighed, slowly lifted his head up and then his eyes met her and everything turn silent. Nothing was being said but then the look in their eyes say it all. Both their races were racing Norman breaks the silence says
"Rita .. I "
Rita eyes bulging grasps his hands to hold from fainting as she replies,
"Yes, Norman."
Then doors slam and a man with a large enthusiastic spanglish voice screams.
"Rita, there you are my Rita, Miss Special delivery!"
Norman drifts his gaze and grasp away from Rita, which mades Rita's heart ache they turned to see Ramon, dance instructor, pageant host and now colorado's top TV personality.
"Ramon, what are you doing here?"
"To find you, Rita." He takes her hand kisses it which made Norman blood boil for some reason.
Ramon inform Rita,"Your Miss. Special Delivery has called you for duty."
"Oh what duty would that be?"
"You are being called for a Ribbon cutting at new mailbox station."
"Oh now but I am busy with Norman."
"Oh Rita, you can bring your boyfriend and other colleagues if you wish. But we must go."
Norman jumps in, "I'm not her boyfriend. I mean I am boy who is friend well uh rita looks you must go."
"But I want to stay with you."Rita pleads
Norman instructs her, "But duty calls you, you must me and the rest will meet at the at new mailbox station."
Rita asks once more time hoping that Norman would change his mind.
"Are you sure? Norman because I would really like to help you in recovering an address."
Norman didn't want to hold Rita back from anything she is Miss special delivery's and she must fulfill her duty.
"No, Rita, I got this taken care. Go. See you at the ribbon cutting."
Rita sighed so sad and disappointed things it didn't the end way she wanted to but it was a sign from that now is not right time for them. She takes off her white coat hands it back to Norman and says,
"Thank you for the coat will you keep it safe for me."
Norman nods and Rita's leaves with Ramon, Norman folds Rita's white coat he strokes it and said,
"Of course."
And puts Rita's white coat back in original place. But for the first time Norman lied he didn't have a white coat made for everyone just for Rita hoping one day she would ask to help him.

Part 3 of 4 to go for this section of this fanfiction hope you are like it right now