Letting go of the past part 4

*sorry life and this show is a major distraction. And since the new movie based on this was aired my going have an alternate end to it. Hope you like it.Btw will have this fanfic updated every Thursday.*

Oliver and Shane went back into Joetown's restaurant they were greeted by the bartender Andrew who Oliver met before and asked
"You are the people from the post office?"
Oliver said, "Yes forgive me, I'm Oliver O'Toole and his is my associate Miss. Shane McIenery. I apologize for leaving to abruptly earlier and have emergency to tend to is the owner, Joe here."
Joe called, "I am here, and please beg you don't delivery these divorce papers to my wife, I made a mistake it was years ago things have changed now."
Oliver felt compassionate but not compassionate enough to break mailing protocol.
"I'm sorry sir, we have a duty to delivery these papers and letter to your wife."
Joe kept pleading to Oliver," You don't understand, my wife is pregnant and not the condition to handle such news."
"I am sorry, sir but if you please let's us your and wife and explain the situation I am sure she understand."
"You don't know anything about your situation. Now you have two options give me the papers or you take the papers with you and never come back." Joe basically threaten Oliver. Oliver doesn't response well to threats.
"I'm sorry, sir but i don't take well to threats now if you excuse i am going to see your wife and give her these papers and letter." Oliver began to search for for Joe's wife but Shane stops him and asks,
"Oliver please don't this, just hear Joe out if you hear the complete story I am sure that you will have a different outlook."
Oliver sighs and nods, shane smirks and tells Joe, "Mr. O'Toole is willing to make an exception if you tells us the whole story as to why of the change of heart about mailing the papers."
"Alright," said Joe and tells them, "Just let me check on my wife and baby be right back." Joe leave but he orders Andrew to take their food order. Andrew asks Oliver "Hey, Oliver, did you still want clams and ginger ale on the rocks."
"Yes please" Oliver said
"What a about your associate?" Andrew asked
Shane said, "Never had calms before I am willing to try it. I will have what he is having."
"Alright, Then but Oliver gotta ask why?" Andrew curious.
Oliver said, "ask what."
"Why do you eat calms when you angry?" Andrew said
Shane repeated with a curious look on her face , "You eats calms when you are angry. This I gotta know too, Andrew."
Oliver sighed "If you both must know Clams are an exceptional source of vitamin B12, a vitamin that's important for a healthy nervous system. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause an array of problems including Alzheimer's like symptoms, problems with balance, loss of feeling in the hands and feet, depression, and anxiety. Clams are an excellent way to help keep the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves working properly."
Andrew and shane impressed by Oliver's knowledge about Calms Andrew saids,
"Wow I must start eating calms."
"Same here" Shane said,
Andrew informs Oliver and Shane, "two orders calms and ginger ale on the rocks coming up pick a table you make yourself at home."
At the same time Oliver and Shane both said, "thanks Andrew."
Andrew said "cute you two have seen anyone do that besides Joe and caitilyn they have been married for 4 years."
"How have long you two been married."
"We are not married" they said at the same time.
Oliver interjects, "I am married, but not to her."
Andrew said,"oh but to that red head you were with earlier the one who made you mad, why do you want to be with someone who makes you mad be with someone who makes you happy and smile and know what you are thinking and feeling."
Shane and Oliver look at each other said nothing to but they found a booth and sat waited for their food and Joe to return.
Shane said, "So Holly was here with you here earlier today?"
"Yes she was" Oliver said
"And what did she said to make you order calms?" Shane ask nicely
Oliver hissed, "Why must you know everything Miss. McIenery?"
Shane shakes her head, "I don't want to know everything, Oliver. I just want you to open yourself I want to get to know but it.." She hated nor didn't want to complete the sentence she hated to cause to make Oliver more angry.
"But what?" Shane." Oliver asked
"You know almost everything about me know about me troubled past my father, my life. And all I know you about is how amazingly dedicated to work, wife leaving you. As much I admire you. I feel like I don't know who you are." She takes her hand grabs on to his and pleads,
"I want to know who you are, Oliver, trust me, please"
Oliver succumbs to Shane request and asks,
"I was so suppose to be a father once" he coughed "to a son, but he is gone now."
"I am sorry, Oliver what happen to him did you named him."
"He just didn't have a heartbeat anymore, no we didn't name it was just too hard." Close to tears, shane offers a napkin their hands touch for a moment and a more bonding connection was form a new sense of trust was made.
Shane didn't not ask anymore questions all she said to Oliver,
"Thank you, for trusting me and telling me something about who you are. It means a lot to me."
Oliver said, "You're welcome."
Oliver and Shane food arrived along with Joe handing in their food to them Oliver begins to ask,
"So tell me our story, Joe."
Joe said it plantely, "I found my wife cheating me a one year ago. I followed one night I was so mad that I file I never told her I couldn't face her. One night I was fully intended on sending papers and the letter but something inside of me thought if I hear her side I try harder I could win her back. So decided not to send."
Oliver asks, "Then who mailed it?"
"I did, accidentally, you see I heard screams from a woman she getting robbed I drop the papers and the letter into the mail box by mistake. I got hurt bad but catilin was there by side. I promise to forgive and forget. Forgot so much I decided not to tell about what I did, you both look like kind and nice people please let me have papers and letter and I will tell her when time is right and appropriate."
Oliver agreed and shook his head and said, "You look like an honest man Joe and I will give you letter to what you will forgive for my haste in judgement."
Oliver gives Joe the papers and letter.
"No problem, food is on the house."
Catilin pops in the resturant and greets Joe with a kiss and a hug. Oliver and Shane look them so happy,
Catilin greets them asking them about the food she so happy and overjoyed as she tells Joe,
"Joe honey, remember that old comedy club we used go to."
"Yeah,"
"Well, I have been practicing and talking to owner the club for about a year now he says I am ready to headline the club tomorrow night at10pm."
Then Joe figured out something and Oliver and Shane had a hunch to, so Joe asks,
"So that is what you were doing every Monday for the past year you been working the owner of the comedy club who is married helping you be a comedian."
Catilin giggles kisses him, "yes you silly man, so are coming."
Catilin turns to Oliver and Shane and said, "You are welcome to makes a great dinner date."
Oliver said, "We will be delighted come and we will bring friends."
Caitlin said, "great, I better practice my routine, nice meeting you both."
"Nice meeting you too." Shane reply
Shane and Oliver looked Joe who was relieve and had a sense of clarity knowing his wife had never cheating on him.
Oliver and Shane returned to the DLO greeted by Rita and Norman, asking how the letter went. Oliver updated them on the status of the letter. And then Oliver informed them,
"We have been invited to comedy event tonight."
Norman coughs decides to make a bold move for the first time in his life in regards to his fondest for Rita.
"Rita,"
"Yes, Norman."
Shane easedrops on conservation knowing what was coming.
"I was wondering if.. " stumbling on his words for moment and pauses takes a breathe, and asks,
"Would like to be my date for the comedy event."
Before Rita, could even react or response shane does it for her and screams
"Yes! Yes!"
She rushes to norman hugging him telling him, "so proud of you, norman"
Oliver interjects pulls shane out of Normans arms and out the door.
Norman then saids,
"Well, Rita what do you say, be my date."
"Yes, Norman Xyvaire Norman, I will be your date."
After Oliver pulls shane out the door she pulls from his grip and yells
"Oliver. What is that about?"
"Ms. McIenery you have understand Norman made huge leap for himself and Rita. As dear friend who has known them longest and has always known these two had fond feelings for another. I believe they didn't want you as much as they care for you don't want you hovering over them."
"I understand. I lost all control so just happy. Ain't it just overhelming feeling knowing someone out there who truly cares about you."
Oliver sighs "It has been awhile since had such a feeling."
"So are you inviting Holly, to comedy club maybe she would like it?"
"I don't know maybe" he gets his watch looks at the time and saids,
"If you excuse me, I have meeting to go to." Oliver leaves shane

*one last part to go it will be post this thrusday or next Thursday