What Dreams May Come

Chapter 6 What Dreams May Come

This chapter is dedicated to the loss of Robin Williams

And also this chapter is dedicated to a brilliant signed sealed delivered fanfic writer, Ruth Hill

It was early morning, Shane was the first one to enter the DLO office. She was hoping to receive from Maddie Wilson but no luck. Even though, she didn't do much of it, Shane decided to pray. Shane walked to Oliver's desk and found a bible. She looked around to see if anyone was in the DLO and no one was there. Then, she looked at the bible and picked it up. She grasped it tightly and prayed out loud.

Dear Lord, forgive me, this is my first time praying to you. I see Oliver do it silently, but not out loud and I am not sure saying my prayers out loud is correct, but since no one is here I thought I could say what is in my heart to you. But Oliver says often that you know and see everything and all that, but I need to tell you this. I need your help Lord, I need your guidance to help me to help someone who is in love with a pastor, man of God, she wants to tell him, but she is afraid to. She and I have a lot in common. I know I can help, as I have the same problem. We both have feelings for a man we can't have. Maddie, she is love with a man that loves you more than her. And I have feelings for a married man, Oliver , I am sorry, I know it is wrong and sinful to have feelings for a man like Oliver, but there is no man like him after you created him. Lord, I know from what I am told about you that you are loving, merciful, and giving. And I swear have not, nor will I act on my feelings for this until he has resolved the nature of his situation with his wife. Lord, if you help me with Maddie it will help me as well.

Thank you for listening, Lord.

Amen.

After finishing her prayer the DLO door flap opened. She shuttered and turned quickly to see no one. She turned around and placed the bible back on Oliver's desk. She sighed then and she looked at the Memorial of the Dark Knight awards that she, Oliver, Rita and Norman received. She smile looking at the picture that was taken of the day of the award ceremony, but what Shane remembered the most was Oliver's smile. They were so happy.

Then all of the sudden she felt something tingle her on her neck and it felt like someone had kissed her neck. Her heart was racing when she heard Oliver's voice, as she was trembling as the breathe flew through as he said,

"Shane, don't turn around just listen and hear me say that you drive me mad."

"Oliver, this is madness you are still married."

"Oh my dear Shane, I hope not to be married for long and you know what Robin Williams says about madness."

"What about Shakespeare?"

"Shakespeare I will save for later, but Robin Williams, a once wise fellow said, You're only given a little spark of madness. You must not lose it. And Shane McIenery I don't want to lose you and I want you in my life. No matter what happens."

Oliver turns her around he lends in so close to her face, but not too close that their lips are not touching, but noses and foreheads they were close to kissing until she hears a phone ringing.

"Did you hear that?" Shane asked Oliver.

"No,"

"I think that is my phone," Shane said.

Oliver said, "Don't answer it then."

He kisses and touches her lips and the phone keeps ringing and then Shane jumps out bed as the phone had awaken her from her dream about Oliver. She fell off the bed as her cell phone still ringing. She grabs the phone while picking herself up from the falling off of the bed. She answers the call and said,