Letting Go of the Past part 2 Sneak Peek

Letting Go of the Past Part 2

After leaving the DLO, Oliver was overcome with emotion. Why does the past always seem to haunt him. Closing his eyes he prayed silently. Then all of the sudden during his prayer he recited scripture
Matthew 5:16, 23 In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven. "So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you?
He didn't notice shane enter holding his bible, that he always have in work desk for safe keeping during when he out and she always her curious always lead to read some scripture and she bookmark and open the same scripture Oliver was reciting he was about to reach her favorite scripture in Mathew she ended up reciting with him.
Matthew 5:24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.

Oliver wiping his tears turn around to see Shane with his bible open in her hands he was stunned for first time had no words. Shane smirked and sighed,
"I have to confess something, Oliver. I hope you don't mind my curious always gets the best of me, from time to time while you were out on assignment or lunch would look for your bible and read it and umm. I have quiet grown fond reading it learning more about what you believe in."
Oliver took a breathe and said, "I'm glad Miss. McIenery. Forgive me for leaving so abruptly. I was just so..."
" You don't need to explain Oliver. I understand things are changing. Looks like God, has finally answered your prayers. Holly has returned."
"She has but Mrs. McIenery that wasn't my prayer."
"Then what was your prayer."
"If you don't mind that is between me and God."
"Right, Oliver, do you mind if I show somewhere I go to clear my head."
"I would to but we to get to work maybe later."
"Maybe later then."
Shane watching Oliver head back to the DLO office she sat and read one more scripture before returning to work
Matthew 5:33: 'When you make a vow, you must not break your promise. Keep the vows that you make to the Lord.'

*full chapter to be coming soon