One seeks to find

Chapter 4:One seeks to find

After reading the letter, Oliver thought it was best that he and Norman handle this letter together on their own and maybe Rita and Shane could pick a letter of their own and do another investigation. He put the letter on his desk.
Shane sneaked towards him, his back was facing her and he did not notice Shane coming until he turned and jumped in surprise to see a delightful smile of hers as she said,
"So Mr. O'toole, where should I begin with the letter, do you want to search for Pastor Doug? See what church he works for?"
Oliver instructed her, "No, need Ms. McIenery"
Shane was confused, "I don't understand Oliver."
"All you need to understand, Ms McIenery, is that me and Norman will be handling this letter. As I think we achieve more by doing two separate letters, you and Rita are more than happy to pick one for you and her to investigate."
Oliver pointed toward the big pile of lost letters in a Bin that was one his desk.
Oliver walked to the the coat rack to get his hat and coat as he informs Rita, and Norman of the change of how will things work.
"Attention, Norman and Rita, as I have already informed Ms.McIenery. Norman, you and I will be working on the Pastor Doug letter tomorrow while Rita please entrust that you and Ms. McIenery will select a letter of your own to investigate together."
Shane didn't like this idea as she tried to convey her thought. but before she could do so
Rita rushed towards Shane, eager to start.
"Happy to be working with you Shane, the sooner we pick a letter, the more efficient we can start the research."
Shane sees Oliver walking out the door, getting ready to leave the DLO for the day Shane tells Rita,
"Hold that though, be right back," she rushes off to catch Oliver who just walked out the door and Rita walks over to Norman and stands beside him, they both watched as Shane ran after Oliver through the window of the DLO door.
Rita tells Norman,
"Isn't it sweet?"
"What's sweet?" Norman asked, not sure what was so interesting in watching Shane going after Oliver.
"How they chase after each other, like that. "
Norman looks at them, then Rita smirks and he admires how Rita is so empathetic to others feelings, especially when it comes to the people she cares about. He wished he had more empathy like Rita, maybe words of wisdom coming from his mouth might show her how much he learned from her. So he thought for moment and here out of Norman's mouth came these words,
"Rita, Oliver once told me these words, The best feeling in the world is knowing you actually mean something to someone."
Rita looked at Norman and then through the window to Shane, who was still going after Oliver as they faded out into the distance, turn and told Norman.
"Well, Oliver is indeed a wise man. He deserves to be happy, so does Shane."
"Indeed Rita, they are our friends, and you deserve happiness too."
Rita smiles and leans close and she couldn't help herself and kiss him quickly on the cheek and walked away without saying another word. That left Norman in a daze as he touched the cheek that Rita kissed.

Oliver making out it of the Colarado post office, trying to making it to his car before the annoying, but yet persistent Ms. McIenery catched him. So, she complained about the work changes or discuss the event that happened last night in the rain when he wa conscious to final confront his fear in mailing a letter to his wife Holly. Oliver made it to his car and was about to open the door ,unfortunately, Shane stopped in front of him as she shut his car door.
Shane informed Oliver,
"You are not going to get away from me that easily, Mr. O'toole."
Oliver sighed, "Why, Ms. McIenery, I admire your persistence, I beg that to not force my hand in how to manage the DLO."
"Oliver, I know you are pushing me away, all I want to know is why? Does it have to do with what happened last night."
Oliver sighed, "Shane...."cough"I mean, Ms McIenery, give me that all good things will come for those who wait. Be patient. When I am ready to talk I'll inform you. But for now just please let's do what God placed us on this earth to do."
Shane smiled as they finished the sentence together, "To bring people hope in the written word."
Oliver and Shane chuckled again realizing that they finished another sentence together, Oliver leaned up towards Shane. They are so close that their noses were on the tips of touching. Oliver lean towards Shane's ear and whispers.
"May I please get into my car now?"
Shane shakes the leaning embrace as she saids, "oh why, yes sure Oliver, " she moves out of his way, he gets to the car and Shane watches as he drives away and as Oliver drives, he glimpses into the rear window to see Shane watching him drive off and head back into the post office. Oliver takes a breathe knowing them having space between them is best and the right thing to do till he gets a response from Holly. Oliver turns on the radio to listen to his music, flipping through the radio station to find something classical but found something else instead " the song" that all more difficult but not to think about Shane

So I would choose to be with you
That's if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too
And you can have this heart to break

And so it goes and so it goes
And you're the only one who knows

Same time next week #POstables thanks for reading